Greetings All and Welcome:)
My name is David. I live in the Northeast Part of New York, Rotterdam. I have two sons who are grown have moved into a different chapter. Did they have any problems leaving after High School? Nope. Jonathan went on and is now a middle school social studies teacher at an innercity school and is married to the love of his life. Then Samuel, well he just had his first publication. He works to enjoy his writing and thinking. ...with a little help from his friends.
My wife of 20 years, Marybeth and I met at my job at the time. We are both Licensed Clinical Social workers and enjoy what we do by doing what we enjoy. We have three dogs, Anastasia, Adaline, and Lucy. They provide us with therapy!!!
I started working at a local Child and Family agency starting in 1984 through 1998. Moving on to a Rural Mental Health clinic where I met Marybeth I moved on again to Schenectady County as a Home based therapist. The story goes on and I have no real regrets.
Below, you can find a formalized skill set and work experience.
A little about my approach in therapy...I place myself in the proverbial passenger seat and you in the driver's seat. Our sessions offer more of an approach that offers various perspectives and reverses weaknesses and limitations into strengths you may not know you possess or didn't think of them that way. I use a conversational approach. Treatment is well thought out and has demonstrated measurable and observable goals. You can review more of the details on my site.
I place my values and mission with the people I meet.
skill set that demonstrates my work over the years.
Core Practice Skills:
• Conceptualize and formulate future needs and solutions.
• , Meet favourable outcomes, forecast, and predict outcomes.
• Innovative and creative thinking, critical thinking.
• Analytic skills; find and access resources while reducing costs and unnecessary work; gather formal and informal information.
• Complex problem solving; set realistic and reasonable goal; critically extract important information.
• Develop rapport, empathetic responses, counsel, cooperate with others, advocate and assert client's point of view, listen while distinguishing words, agendas, and feelings.
• Offer feedback in confirmation and capability to understand, support others contribution, motivational communication, i.e., instil success and individual importance.
• Identify other's contributions by support of individual credibility, delegate and utilize individual strengths, represent others.
• Work in concert with other service delivery systems.
Organizational, Management and Leadership:
• Initiate new ideas, handle details, coordinate tasks, manage groups.
• Teach * Coach* Counsel* promote change, delegate responsibility, sell ideas or products.
• Decision making with others, Highly effective conflict resolution. ***
• Effective speaking, concise writing and editing skills, attentive listening,
• Express ideas, negotiate, persuade, facilitate group discussion, provide appropriate feedback.
• Identification and perception of non-verbal messages, non-biased evaluation strategies
• Report Information, reduce inconsistencies in importance of "Need to Know.”
• Describe personal and others' feelings, understand the social/emotional dynamics, and impact of individuals' needs.
• Astute Interviewing Skills
Daily Work Sustainability:
• Implement decisions, corroborate, attend to details, meet goals, enlist help, organizing, decision making, accept responsibility, set and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate consistent punctuality, balance flexibility, availability through effective time management.
Master’s in social work
The University at Albany; SUNY Graduated May 1995. GPA 3.7
Bachelor of Arts in Theology
The Franciscan University at Steubenville, Ohio Graduated May 1980
Associates in Applied Science
SUNY at Morrisville, NY Plastics/Mechanical Technology Graduated May 1976
Richmondville Central School, Richmondville NY Graduated June 1974
• Center for Disability Services 4/2018 currently employed.
• Sole Proprietor Rejoyce Child and Family Services 1/1/2002 Currently active
• Alliance for Better Health 4/2015-4/2018
Supplement to Private Practice
• Bassett School Based Health Care in Middleburgh, NY 3/1/2006-6/24/2011
• SUNY at Cobleskill, NY adjunct Psychology professor, 9/2002-5/2010
Wednesday night (3 hrs) supplement to employment.
• Schenectady County Juvenile Justice Center 10/15/2001-2/30/2006
• Bridge Center Recovery Residential Program 10/1998-9/2001
Supplement to working with Schenectady County.
• Schoharie County Community Mental Health Clinic 8/1/1998-10/15/2001
• Parson’s Child and Family Center 3/15/1984-7-30-1998
• Diocese of Albany Volunteer Service Corps 8/1980-8/1981
• Diocese of Charlotte Youth Ministry Team 9/1981-12/1982
Additional areas of focus: Stress, Anxiety, LGBT, Relationship issues, Family conflicts, Trauma and abuse, Sleeping disorders, Parenting issues, Anger management, Career difficulties, Coaching, ADHD, Abandonment, Adoption and Foster Care, Aging and Geriatric Issues, Attachment Issues, Autism and Asperger Syndrome, Avoidant Personality, Blended Family Issues, Cancer, Caregiver Issues and Stress, Chronic Pain Illness and Disability, Co-morbidity, Codependency, Communication Problems, Control Issues, Coping with Natural or Human-Caused Disaster, Dependent Personality, Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD), Dissociation, Divorce and Separation, Domestic Violence, Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Emptiness, Family of Origin Issues, Family Problems, Fatherhood Issues, First Responder Issues, Forgiveness, Guilt and Shame, Hoarding, Hospice and End of Life Counseling, Immigration Issues, Impulsivity, Intellectual Disability, Isolation / Loneliness, Jealousy, Life Purpose, Men's Issues, Midlife Crisis, Military and Veterans Issues, Money and Financial Issues, Mood Disorders, Multicultural Concerns, Obsessions, Compulsions, and OCD, Panic Disorder and Panic Attacks, Personality Disorders, Post-traumatic Stress, Prejudice and Discrimination, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self-Harm, Self-Love, Sexual Assault and Abuse, Sexuality, Social Anxiety and Phobia, Somatization, Traumatic Brain Injury, Trichotillomania, Visually Impaired, Women's Issues, Workplace Issues, Young Adult Issues
Clinical approaches: Attachment-Based Therapy, Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Jungian Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Narrative Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Somatic Therapy, Trauma-Focused Therapy
NY LCSW 052786
David has had a major impact on my life already. He is a great listener, highly intelligent and very experienced. I’d recommend him to anyone I know.
Written on Jun 22, 2023 after therapy with David for 2 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, intimacy-related issues, parenting issues, self esteem, anger management, and adhd
David is extremely intuitive and reads emotions and read people very well. He is gentle yet firm. Offers very in-depth insight and isn’t afraid to voice his perspectives. He checks in on us every now and then between sessions which is something last therapists didn’t do. He understands without us evening saying much which is impressive. Would love to stay with him.
Written on Jun 21, 2023 after therapy with David for 2 weeks on issues concerning relationship issues
I was seeing David in the past, I took some time off and was able to get right back in with him. It is so convenient because he knows me and my struggles!
Written on Apr 26, 2023 after therapy with David for 1 year and 10 months on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, and parenting issues
David has been great to work with. He has helped me and is still helping me work through a lot of self-esteem and self-worth issues along with past traumas that have influenced a lot of my adult life. I truly recommend him to anyone.
Written on Dec 24, 2022 after therapy with David for 1 week on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, addictions, relationship issues, trauma and abuse, grief, intimacy-related issues, eating disorders, anger management, career difficulties, bipolar disorder, coaching, and adhd
Written on Dec 10, 2022 after therapy with David for 2 months on issues concerning stress, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma and abuse, grief, anger management, career difficulties, coping with life changes, and compassion fatigue
I'm very happy that I got matched with David, I'm always looking forward to our sessions and the things that I learn about myself in therapy make my everyday life better and easier.
Written on Nov 19, 2022 after therapy with David for 2 months on issues concerning stress, anxiety, lgbt, family conflicts, and trauma and abuse