Hello! My name is Dr. Gwendolyn T. Greene. I am a Doctor of Behavioral Health and a State of Nevada licensed Marriage and Family Therapist based in the state of Nevada (USA). I have been practicing mental health care for nearly 10 years and specialize in treating couples, adolescents, and individuals. I believe mental health services should be accessible to all, regardless of race, class, or gender. I also believe in eliminating the stigma often attached to mental health care services. I strive to include non-traditional clients from all cultural, spiritual, racial/ethnic and gender communities. I treat clients that may be experiencing co-occurring (substance use disorder and mental health disorders) and/or co-morbid (health issues and mental health disorders) disorders.
Here are a few tips to help make our journey together a successful one:
1. I am a MANDATED REPORTER. This means that BY LAW, I must report any child and/or elderly abuse or intent to cause harm to any person or persons to the appropriate authorities IMMEDIATELY;
2. Better Help is a great platform for making mental health services readily available. Please keep in mind that I will respond to messages sent to me within 24 hrs. If you are experiencing an acute psychiatric episode, meaning if you are feeling suicidal and/or homicidal, please call 9-1-1 or the appropriate contact for emergency services in your region for immediate assistance;
3. While I have timeframes listed on my schedule you may choose from, if you need a day and/or time you do not see open, please message me and let me know. I will do my best to accommodate your scheduling needs;
4. If you will miss or need to reschedule a session, please let me know. Otherwise, I will make myself available for our entire scheduled time, however, if you join late you will only have the remaining time in your session available;
5. Better Help maintains the policy for billing. If you have billing related questions, please defer those to your Better Help service team;
6. Your participation is KEY to your success through this process. Please engage in the treatment activities as assigned. If you do not feel the assignment is beneficial, discuss this with me so that we can find a more effective option.
7. And, if you have ANY questions or concerns that I can address, please feel free to share them with me directly as communication is a critical component to success in therapy.
Take care, and we will speak soon.
Additional areas of focus: Addictions, LGBT, Grief, Intimacy-related issues, Eating disorders, Sleeping disorders, Parenting issues, Anger management, Self esteem, Career difficulties, Bipolar disorder, Coping with life changes, Coaching, Compassion fatigue, ADHD
NV LMFT 3352
I appreciate the time spent with Dr. Greene. It was very rewarding.
Written on Mar 07, 2023 after therapy with Gwendolyn for 7 months on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, trauma and abuse, intimacy-related issues, self esteem, and compassion fatigue
Dr. Greene has helped me reflect in a healthy way with important events in my life that have traumatized me. I see this as necessary for me to heal and I appreciate her professional expertise in helping me navigate my mental health. It’s not easy to talk to everyone in our immediate lives, so I can rely on her when I don’t want a biased opinion but actual help being heard. Thank you Dr. Greene!
Written on Nov 14, 2022 after therapy with Gwendolyn for 3 months on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, addictions, relationship issues, trauma and abuse, intimacy-related issues, self esteem, and coping with life changes
Superior Doctor. Highly recommended
Written on Feb 20, 2022 after therapy with Gwendolyn for 2 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, trauma and abuse, grief, intimacy-related issues, sleeping disorders, coping with life changes, and compassion fatigue