Katie Morris, LPCC, LPC
I have been a counselor since 2016, currently licensed in the states of Minnesota and North Dakota.
If you decide to utilize counseling services with me, there are a few things to expect.
1) It will be hard work. Counseling is a tough process, but I want to walk with you through it and help you choose positive choices.
2) We will laugh. Humor is research-based as being helpful in counseling, when appropriate.
3) You will be challenged. I use a cognitive-behavioral base approach for counseling. This means we must challenge our thought patterns and our actions to increase our mood. It is the most helpful modality for treating mental health symptoms.
4) I do not give advice. I am not a counselor who will give you the answers. I like to help you explore yourself, so you can be your best advocate. You know yourself way better than I do. I just want to help put the pieces together and offer ideas of what might be going on.
5) I am honored by you sharing your story. Telling a stranger your story is vulnerable! I am grateful for each story I am entrusted.
6) You will not be judged. I care about you, but ultimately, what you do is your decision.
7) We might not be the "right fit." Obviously I cannot be the perfect counselor for everyone. Feel free to change counselors or let me know how I can be a better fit.
8) I expect communication. If I can change anything I am doing, just tell me. I work with kids who constantly let me know my flaws, I appreciate the honesty! It helps me to be a better counselor.
9) I cannot solve problems in one session. Our lives are complex. If we work together, it might take weeks or months to get your life where you want it to be.
10) I care about you. I became a counselor because I like people. I love hearing about your life and trying to sort things through with you! You are never a burden. You are important and I won't let you stop believing that. :)
Additional areas of focus: Family conflicts, Trauma and abuse, Parenting issues, Anger management, Career difficulties, Coping with life changes, Abandonment, Aging and Geriatric Issues, Attachment Issues, Autism and Asperger Syndrome, Body Image, Cancer, Caregiver Issues and Stress, Chronic Pain Illness and Disability, Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD), Domestic Violence, Emptiness, Family Problems, Fertility Issues, Hospice and End of Life Counseling, Immigration Issues, Isolation/Loneliness, Jealousy, Money and Financial Issues, Mood Disorders, Narcissism, Panic Disorder and Panic Attacks, Post-traumatic Stress, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self-Harm, Social Anxiety and Phobia, Women's Issues, Workplace Issues
Clinical approaches: Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy
ND LPCC 1111-2-15-21-412
WI LPC 8673-125
KS LCPC LCPC 03384
MN LPCC cc02101
MA LMHC 13069
These quotes represent just a few of the many positive reviews that we have received for Katie Morris. We don't pay anyone to provide their review and they are all made voluntarily. Some people's experience receiving therapy with BetterHelp might be different.
The best therapist I have ever had. Truly understand my issues and my sense of humor. I am able to crack jokes that she will laugh to and can truly be myself. Such a warm and welcoming soul, I could talk to her for hours on end as if she is an old friend. She takes critism and is also willing to change her tactics in an effort to better help you. Such a wonderful person.
Written on Feb 13, 2022 after therapy with Katie for 2 weeks on issues concerning stress, anxiety, lgbt, relationship issues, sleeping disorders, parenting issues, and self esteem
Katie is very attentive and responds in a timely manner! I feel like she’s a good listener
Written on Dec 19, 2021 after therapy with Katie for 5 months on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, grief, intimacy-related issues, and career difficulties
I appreciated Katie’s calm and approachable manner and careful listening. Katie respectfully questioned my assumptions, reflected with me what may be better way to move forward and offered encouraging words of support. Much of the session felt like speaking to a kind and thoughtful friend who wanted best for you.
Written on Nov 09, 2021 after therapy with Katie for 2 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, trauma and abuse, and self esteem
Katie is great! I had never done therapy before, and she made the process very easy and welcoming for me. She gave me realistic ways to deal with what I was going through, and I could tell she actively cared about the progress I was making.
Written on Sep 30, 2021 after therapy with Katie for 4 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, trauma and abuse, eating disorders, sleeping disorders, self esteem, and coping with life changes
Katie is amazing! She listens to you and really hears what you are saying. It's been great to have someone that understands me and is patient with me.
Written on Jul 27, 2021 after therapy with Katie for 8 months on issues concerning relationship issues
Katie is engaged and truly hears and offers responses/tools aligned with my needs that work toward improving my situation—short term and long term.
Written on Jul 22, 2021 after therapy with Katie for 2 weeks on issues concerning self esteem, career difficulties, coaching, and adhd