Through counseling, I help individuals who are dealing with any variety of problems that are interfering with their achieving a rich, full, meaningful life. Hard times often create the motivation and setting for a positive change. Serenity comes from knowing you can handle what life gives you and still enjoy the journey.
As an integrative counselor, my understanding of people and my approach to counseling combines principals from various counseling perspectives. I believe that people are shaped by relationships, whether past or present and that powerful change is facilitated within the context of the relationship. I also believe that who we are is influenced by biological, psychological (i.e., thoughts feelings, behaviors), social (i.e., culture, environment), and spiritual factors. During sessions, we may explore how significant relationships and experiences have impacted who you are today and utilize techniques from relevant counseling approaches to help facilitate your goals. As your counselor, I will walk alongside you. I will celebrate, encourage, and challenge you toward achieving a rich, full, value-driven, meaningful life. Finally, I approach counseling with the certainty that within each of us is the amazing ability to heal ourselves. I would consider it an honor to join you on your journey of growth.
Please Carefully Read the Following Agreement
Whether you have participated in counseling previously or this is the first time, there are some particular issues associated with online counseling that you should consider.
- I have a full-time practice in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (www.graymattercounseling.com). Just like my office patients, I schedule my time working with my BetterHelp patients. I will normally respond to your message within 24 hours (usually less).
- Telepsychology is the delivery of psychological services using interactive audio or audiovisual electronic systems where the Psychotherapist and the patient are not in the same physical location. The interactive electronic systems used in telepsychology incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient information and audio and visual data. These protocols include measures to safeguard the data and to aid in protecting against intentional or unintentional corruption.
- Potential benefits include increased accessibility to psychological care and convenience.
- However there are also potential disadvantages, including that security protocols can fail, causing a breach of privacy of my confidential medical information. Traditional face-to-face meetings are the best alternative to the use of telepsychology and are preferred whenever possible.
- The laws that protect the privacy and confidentiality of medical information also apply to telepsychology
- BetterHelp technology is encrypted to prevent the unauthorized access to your private medical information. You have the right to withhold or withdraw your consent to the use of telepsychology during the course of my care at any time. I understand that, in this event, Dr. Stapp will work with me to find an alternative form of care. I understand that all rules and regulations that apply to the practice of Psychology in the state of Idaho also apply to telepsychology.
- You may not record any telepsychology sessions without written consent from Dr. Stapp.
- Understand that Dr. Stapp will not record any of your telepsychology sessions without your written consent.
- You will inform Dr. Stapp if any other person can hear or see any part of our session before the session begins.
- Dr. Stapp will inform me if any other person can hear or see any part of our session before the session begins.
- Understand that you, not Dr. Stapp, is responsible for the configuration of any electronic equipment used on my computer that is used for telepsychology.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to ensure the proper functioning of all electronic equipment before your session begins.
- You understand that you must be a resident of the state of Idaho or Washington and that you must be physically present in the state of Idaho or Washington during our appointments to be eligible for telepsychology services from Dr. Stapp.
- Telepsychology is not an effective treatment modality for everyone.
- Telepsychology is not effective in the treatment of some disorders.
- In collaboration with you, we will try to determine as quickly as possible if I am a good fit for you or whether telepsychology is appropriate for addressing your goals. In which case, we will seek out a counselor in your area or with BetterHelp that can provide you effective treatment.
- Stress, Anxiety
- Relationship issues
- Trauma and abuse
I also have experience in Addictions, LGBT, Family conflicts, Intimacy-related issues, Eating disorders, Sleeping disorders, Parenting issues, Anger management, Self esteem, Career difficulties, Bipolar disorder
LCPC #LCPC-6878 (Expires: 2021-01-08)
LMHC #60988507 (Expires: 2021-01-08)
He listens and provides genuine attention, helped me talk about my panic attack and ways to reduce anxiety.
Dr. Stapp is knowledgeable, professional, and empathetic. Things have improved significantly with me after 12 weeks of treatment. During that time he has taught me strategies for ongoing improvement and subsequent maintenance. The benefits of therapy have been helpful in areas of my life way beyond those for which I initially sought care.
Dr. Stapp is very easy to talk to and inspires the best in his clients. From personal experience, I can assure you that Dr. Stapp will be able to help you and help your situation.
Lonnie is a great therapist. He really understands where I'm coming from and has a good way of explaining things!
Dr. Stapp is a very professional and helpful counselor. I would definitely recommend him always!
Dr. Stapp is very good to talk to, he listens well and seems to grasp issues quickly. His technique and counsel is good and reassuring. I am very comfortable with him and look forward to more time with him.
I couldn't be happier that I was matched with Dr. Strapp. He asks me all the right questions I need to hear and move forward with in life.
Dr. Stapp is so easy to talk with. I was nervous to speak with him, but his so warm and kind it was an excellent fit! His advice was so helpful. I am feeling much better. Thank you Dr. Stapp. I have referred 3 people already.
I really like the fact that whenever I finish a session with Dr. Stapp I feel optimistic to continue with him as a counselor and with myself in everyday life. He really listens and cares, but what sets him apart from all other counselors I've had is he goes a step farther than just listening. I really value his feedback, advice, and techniques
He is kind, listens well and is very assuring of certain situations and gives good advice to help me get through my struggles.
Incredibly positive experience which has truly helped me change my life for the better. Everything I could have imagined I would need from a therapist.
Dr Staap has been a great help to me. He completely understood what I was trying to say and helped me to see things from different perspectives. I really benefited from his support, it felt like such a relief to talk to him. His expertise on the subject matter put my mind at ease. My conversations with Dr. Staap have been a good mixture of feeling like talking to an old friend and a professional you can trust.
I liked that he asked a lot of questions so he could understand, that helped me feel as though I could trust that he knew exactly where I was coming from. I would definitely (and have) recommend him as a therapist. Also, he went above and beyond to help me find resources that might help me.
He's genuine, kind, processional, knowledgeable, and helpful. I have already learned a great deal from him.
Dr. Stapp is very a thoughtful and kind counselor. He surprised me with inquisitive comments and questions. He helped me to see situations from a different perspective that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. He surprised me with his open-mindedness and his willingness to see things from my perspective too. I didn't expect much from online counseling, it was kind of a last resort if I'm being honest, but I needed the help and it is by far the best form of counseling I have received, and he was the best counselor I could have asked for.
Dr. Stapp was excellent to talk to with my first live session and he made me feel and think about things I never would have otherwise.