• Bachelor of Arts-English Literature, Loyola College, 12/93
• Master of Science Degree-Clinical Community Counseling, Johns Hopkins University, 5/00
• Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study-Substance Abuse Counseling, Johns Hopkins University,
• Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, 8/02
• Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor, 3/03
• Licensed Approved Clinical Professional Counselor Supervisor, 8/15
• Licensed Approved Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor Supervisor, 9/18
• Doctor of Education in Education with a specialization in Counseling, Johns Hopkins University,
School of Education, 8/17
I am a licensed psychotherapist and a substance abuse specialist with over 20 years of clinical experience in mental health and substance abuse treatment in outpatient and inpatient treatment settings. I am an experienced lecturer and mental health/substance abuse consultant that has conducted educational programs in treatment and educational settings. I am completed my doctoral work in education with a specialization in Counseling in the hope that I can become a better educator of mental health and substance abuse topics. I have worked at Johns Hopkins Hospital in a variety of settings for over 15 years.
- Stress, Anxiety
- Bipolar disorder
LGBT , Relationship issues , Sleeping disorders , Parenting issues , Anger management , Self esteem , Coping with life changes , Coaching , ADHD , Drug and Alcohol Addiction , HIV / AIDS , Mood Disorders , Personality Disorders , Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) , Smoking/Vaping Cessation , Social Anxiety and Phobia , Young Adult Issues Read more...
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing
LCPC #LC1492 (Expires: 2022-01-31)
He’s amazing to speak to. Upfront and caring!
He is great responsive and kind.
A really professional and qualified doctor really helpful. I looking forward to my session with doctor Schweitzer every time.