Why It's More Popular Than Traditional Therapy
Online therapy (also known as e-therapy, internet psychotherapy, distance therapy, etc) is becoming quite popular as of late, and this fact is becoming more well known with the passing of time. Not only have we been able to help facilitate more than 41 MILLION therapy sessions online with one of our licensed counselors, but we have 1,000s of reviews from real users of our platform sharing their positive experiences that have come from working with a BetterHelp therapist.
We encourage you to take the time needed to see what some of our users are saying about our online platform, and our platform has assisted them with their mental wellbeing by working with one of our online therapists.
In addition to what real people are saying about this alternative to in-office therapy, which is offered here at BetterHelp.com, you might find it beneficial to review some of the most common benefits that our users have most appreciated as indicated below:
For those with disabilities:
- Someone who can't walk may find the traveling required to visit a therapist's office every week quite difficult. When working with a therapist via the internet however, that can completely remove the next for typical in-office therapy sessions. Examples like this are one of the many reasons why an increasing number of people appreciate the features often associated with technology based psychotherapy such as video or texting therapy. Additionally, finding and working with one of the many therapists available & helping people online has become a very useful option for someone who is able-bodied but has a fear of going outdoors, and as a result, would prefer not requiring visits at a therapist's office in-person.
Location and transportation problems:
- With a growing number of people living in rural areas away from large cities and towns that typically have a variety of therapists available, working with a licensed professional online has added benefit. Regardless of how far away they might physically be, therapy sessions online are a very useful tool for people that depend on this type of support but are not in a geographical location with available therapists. The same would apply for someone that does not have reliable transportation needed for therapy appointments in-person, which is why more and more people are signing up for sessions with therapists on our platform.
It's good for those who have trouble communicating:
- Some people can't talk at all, or have trouble talking with strangers face-to-face. Trying web therapy and not worry about going to a therapist’s office can help anyone having problems with verbal communication have an alternative form of communication that makes them feel more comfortable; whether that means making use of therapy chat sessions online or other types of computerized psychological treatments.
You can communicate with someone on your own schedule:
- This kind of support and treatment is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Meanwhile, for traditional therapy, it can be a little more difficult fitting it into your schedule if you have a busy life. A stressed-out college kid who has a job on the side may find it difficult being present for in-office therapy visits, but when working with one of the 1,000s of professional therapists, that's a problem that can be avoided entirely.
- There's less of a risk of bumping into someone you know or having someone see you pull into therapist's office for a scheduled in-person psychotherapy appointment. Despite some people having issues and reservations about e-therapy in general, this is yet another benefit as it relates to privacy.
- Online web therapy typically costs less because many of the counselors work from home and don't have common expenses like a need for a separate office, etc. These added expenses for therapists generally increases their overhead and results in them charging higher prices for therapy sessions with their clients. On the other hand, therapists working on the internet can keep their costs low, and as a result, focus on helping their clients with important life issues and other mental illness & health-related concerns.