Tracie Epes, LCMHC, LPC
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 20 years of experience working with adolescents and young adults. In addition to my therapy practice, I have extensive experience facilitating workshops and classes on mindfulness, distress tolerance, personality type and identity, stress management, and sex education topics.
I am passionate about working with adolescents and adults to increase self-understanding and awareness, develop effective coping strategies, build positive self-esteem, and enhance positive relationships. I’ve worked with clients on issues such as depression, anxiety, decision-making, and self-care.
I value the therapeutic relationships, and my counseling style is collaborative, supportive, and empowering. I believe that clients are best served with a client-centered approach with compassion and respect. My approach draws from mindfulness, cognitive behavioral, and solution-focused practices. I tailor my approach to meet your unique needs.
I respect the courage it takes to ask for help and share your concerns with someone. I am here to support and empower you in taking the first steps toward a more fulfilling life.
I look forward to working with you!
• Adjustment issues
• Building healthy relationships
• Depression and Emotional Disregulation
• Identity issues
• Self-esteem and body image
• Social skill development
• Stress management
• Client-Centered Therapy
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Solution-Focused Therapy
• Specialist in Education, Counseling (1997), The University of North Carolina, Greensboro
• Master of Sciences, Counseling (1997), The University of North Carolina, Greensboro
• Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (1994), The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Licensure and Certification
• Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Virginia
• Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) in North Carolina
• National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Additional areas of focus: Relationship issues, Family conflicts, Grief, Parenting issues, Bipolar disorder, Coping with life changes, Body Image, Communication Problems, Control Issues, Emptiness, Family of Origin Issues, Family Problems, Isolation/Loneliness, Mood Disorders, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self-Harm, Self-Love, Social Anxiety and Phobia, Young Adult Issues
Clinical approaches: Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness Therapy
NC LCMHC 3610
VA LPC 0701004436