I am a licensed Clinical Social worker (LCSW) and a Credentialed Addiction and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) with 10+ years experience in both Mental health and Substance Abuse settings. My experience includes working with adolescents, adults, families, groups, and couples in health care, community agencies and private clinic settings. I use a variety of therapeutic approaches (e.g., psychodynamic, strengths-based, solution-focused, family systems, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness) to help you make the changes you seek to make in your life. I strive to create a safe and nonjudgmental atmosphere by approaching each new person with warmth, humor, curiosity, and empathy. Some of my areas of specialty include grief & loss, anxiety, stress management, depression, post-partum depression/anxiety, and addiction issues.
I offer Solution focused therapy for a more fulfilled you –
•Identify and build on your strengths and resources
•Conquer anxiety and fears
•Find relief from depression
•Build stronger self-esteem
•Develop motivation for change
•Cope with emotions and stress in healthy, productive ways
•Learn effective skills for a happier and more meaningful life
•Become empowered to create a positive path to personal growth and well-being
•Learn how to live in a way that matches your deepest values and your most important personal goals
Some of the issues we examine in individual therapy:
• Why now? - what is the trigger that brought you into therapy at this particular time in your life?
• What specifically are you struggling with? What are your particular symptoms and stressors?
• What, if any, are the ways you've tried to address the problem so far?
• If you've previously been in therapy, what was helpful and what wasn't helpful? How did it help?
• What are your therapy goals? What would you like to accomplish or change regarding your self, your life, and your relationships?
Together, in a spirit of curiosity and understanding, we work to understand:
• The influence of your personal, family and relational history on the development of your current struggles and challenges
I draw on a variety of theoretical approaches including:
• systemic (understanding the role and impact of your significant relationships in the development and maintenance of your current difficulties)
• cognitive-behavioral (understanding how specific ways of thinking and behaving are maintaining the issues you're struggling with)
Together, we develop a plan for addressing your challenges and difficulties, overcoming obstacles, and reaching your goals.
As part of that plan, I will make recommendations. These may include the following:
• Homework assignments (books; articles; written exercises; specific types of journaling, tracking or charting)
• Workbooks or worksheets
• Practicing new strategies, such as relaxation exercises or new ways of communicating
Other Specialty Areas:
• Anxiety and Stress
• Relationships and Dating
• Grief and Loss
• Single Parenthood
• Divorce Recovery
• Values Clarification, Motivation, and Personal Growth
• Career Counseling
• Chronic Illness
• Coping Skills
• Family Conflict
• Life Transitions
- Stress, Anxiety
- Trauma and abuse
I also have experience in Relationship, Family, Grief, Intimacy-related, Anger, Self esteem, Career, Bipolar
LCSW #082981 (Expires: 2020-12-31)
Over the past few weeks of working with Tricia, I have noticed a lasting impact on my personal growth. I am starting to really view myself, my values, and my time and boundaries more effectively and I'm starting to finally learn how to love myself after all of this time. Tricia gives me tools and things to reflect on in ways that other therapists haven't done for me. She is very active and constructive with feedback rather than being a passive listener which works so well for me because I am a "do-er" through and through. She's very attentive and provides great insight. I'm very happy I got matched with her. I"m excited to see what else we can accomplish in the future.