20 Ideas On What To Talk About With A Guy
Have you ever found yourself wondering what to talk about with a guy? Men can be mysterious. Sometimes and it's hard to tell what they're interested in or if your attempts to make conversation are attracting their attention.
Here Are Some Things to Consider if You Don't Know What to Talk About with a Guy:
What Is Your Relationship?
Is this guy your brother? A crush? A co-worker?
One way to come up with ideas on what to talk about with a guy is by basing your conversation on relationship-appropriate things.
If you're talking to your brother or a relative, you can talk about:
- Memories you share together
- Current things going on in the extended family
- Ask about his family and work
- If he's done anything new or exciting lately
- Yourself! Feel free to share funny stories or things that are going on in your life
If you're talking to a crush, you might be interested in learning more about them, so you can ask things like:
- "What was your favorite subject in school?"
- "What music do you listen to?"
- "When is your birthday?"
- "What do you do for a living?"
- "Do you have any pets?"
If the guy you're talking to is a co-worker, you might want to keep things mostly professional and work related. You can start by asking questions like:
- "How long have you been working here?"
- "What made you want to be a (insert position here)?"
How Close Are You to This Guy?
Another way to figure out what to talk to with a guy is by asking yourself how well you know the person. Chances are you're going to have more things to talk about with a close friend than a stranger or someone you just met.
If the guy you want to talk to is a stranger, here are some ideas on what to talk about:
- Ask them how their day is going
- Ask if they're excited for an upcoming holiday
- Ask them their name
If you know the guy you are trying to talk to well, you can base your questions around things you already know they like to talk about or facts that you've learned about them in the past. Here are some ideas on how to start a conversation:
- "Are you doing anything exciting this weekend?"
- "How is your (insert hobby or past-time here) coming?"
- "Have you seen any good movies lately?"
- "What's your favorite restaurant?"
Let's say your problem with talking to guys goes a little bit deeper than a lack of things to talk about.
Do you clam up and become incapable of saying anything at all when you try to talk to a guy? If this is the case, counselling is one way that you can seek out support and get to the root of your issues when it comes to talking to guys.
One convenient alternative if you aren't exactly comfortable going to in-person counseling for this issue is online counseling. Services like BetterHelp are affordable and convenient, allowing you to exchange messages with a counsellor from the comfort of your home or on the go.
Once you've learned a little more about why you have trouble talking to guys, you can work on coping mechanisms to make things a little easier. Bookmark this page and come back to these conversation ideas when you're ready to try again.