What Is Tinder And How Do I Use It To Find A Relationship?
Updated February 03, 2020
Reviewer Lisa Cooper
Tinder is one of the most well-known and widely-used dating platforms that are currently on the market. However, like many of the other dating platforms that are currently available, there are no instructions that tell you how to get the most of platform itself. If you are new to Tinder or if you are interested in using it to find a partner, here is what Tinder is and how you can use it to find a relationship.
What Is Tinder?
Tinder is a location-based dating app that was released late in 2012. Using the app, individuals can find potential matches in the area, select those that they like the most and pass on people who don't catch their attention and chat with the people who are also interested in them. The app is simple to use and has a web-based application for users who do not have a mobile device
- Upon opening the app, the front page will display users in your area depending on your sexual orientation and distance limits. This amount will increase, decrease, and change, as you go through these users and as new users, arrive in your area.
- If you find someone that you might be interested in, you can click on the profile picture and scroll down to read their profile and learn more about them.
- If you like someone, you can swipe right or press the green check button.
- If you aren't interested in someone, you can swipe left or press the red x button.
- If you are very interested in someone, you can press the blue heart in the middle.
Tinder Dating Tips To Attract More Potential Partners
There are some common formulas used by users across all dating sites and applications that help them land more dates and lead them to success in their dating lives. Here are some of the most common tips.
Although people should not be judging you solely on your profession, education, or status in society, it certainly helps to add this type of information in your profile. Make sure to include your current job, any college education that you have received, and any other information that says, "Hey, I am a mature adult who has worked very hard to get to where I am in my life." This type of information will impress people who are interested in you and will encourage them to swipe right!
No matter how much effort you spend building a Tinder profile, it all comes down to chemistry and connectivity. You can have the most dates out of anyone on the platform, but there is no guarantee that these dates will lead to something evergreen. Keep your hopes up and do your best to build relationships while using the platform!
Do you have any dating questions or are you currently getting out of a rocky relationship and need help working through it? BetterHelp is an online counseling platform dedicated to providing affordable and convenient online counseling. If you think you could benefit from online counseling, click on the link above and you will be brought to a page that will help you connect with the right online counselor for you!