Optimism Quotes To Make Your Day
Sometimes, it can seem like there are two kinds of people in the world: those who are optimistic and those who are not. People who are optimistic have a positive outlook on life. They often stay hopeful and upbeat, even in trying times, and may believe they can improve their situations and overcome even the most difficult problems with the right approach.
Research even suggests that people who rate themselves as optimistic may live longer and have lower cholesterol and less inflammation than people who do not. If you’re not an optimist, don’t worry. With some time and effort, you may be able to change your mindset and see things in a more positive light.
Even the most optimistic people may have trouble staying upbeat in challenging times, but trying to look at the bright side can help you feel a little better. Here are some optimistic quotes to make you feel a little more hopeful.
- "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank
- “If I have the belief that I can do [something], I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning.” –Mahatma Gandhi
- "You're going to go through tough times - that's life. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.' See the positive in negative events." - Joel Osteen
- "An optimist is someone who gets treed by a lion but enjoys the scenery." - Walter Winchell
- "I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present." - Rabindranath Tagore
- "In these times you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning." - Carl Sandburg
- "Forget about what you might have lost but instead focus on what you have room to gain." - Lindsey Rietzsch
- "Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive." - Leah LaBelle
- "Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them." - Jack Canfield
- "No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things." -Demi Lovato
- "There is only one optimist. He has been here since man has been on this earth, and that is man himself. If we hadn't had such a magnificent optimism to carry us through all these things, we wouldn't be here. We have survived it on our optimism." -Edward Steichen
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” –Helen Keller
- “I am an optimist. I choose to be. There is a lot of darkness in our well, there is a lot of pain. You can choose to see that, or you can choose to see the joy. If you try to respond positively to the world, you will spend your time better.” –Tom Hiddleston
- "When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or a pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It's all a matter of perspective." - Harvey Mackay
- "I'm an incurable optimist, and I'm a great believer in never looking back. Life is too short, and new challenges are exciting." - Cherie Blair
- “Optimism doesn’t mean that you are blind to the reality of the situation. It means that you remain motivated to seek a solution to whatever problems arise.” –The Dalai Lama
- "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after." - Cat Stevens
- "Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people." - Tena Desae
- "In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact." - Les Brown
- “I choose to feel optimistic.” –Kerry Washington
- "Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success." - Shiv Khera
- "Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out." - Jenn Proske
- "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose." - Lyndon B. Johnson
- "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." - Helen Keller
- "Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one." - Hans Selye
- "A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success." -Joyce Brothers
- "When you think positive, good things happen." - Matt Kemp
- "I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door." - Marla Gibbs
- "A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results." -Wade Boggs
- "If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges." - Pat Riley
- “Youthful cynicism is sad to observe, because it indicates not so much knowledge learned from bitter experiences as insufficient trust even to attempt the future.” –Maya Angelou
- “For me, finding hope is not some philosophical exercise or sentimental notion; it is a prerequisite for my survival.” –John Green
- "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses." -Alphonse Karr
- “Hope will never be silent.” –Harvey Milk
- "Don't ever become a pessimist… a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events." - Robert A Heinlein
- "A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." - Harry Truman
- "The difference between an optimist and a pessimist? An optimist laughs to forget, but a pessimist forgets to laugh." - Tom Bodett
- “Hope is contagious.” –Greta Thunberg
- "An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." - Bill Vaughan
- "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." - Willie Nelson
- “It is in collectivities that we find reservoirs of hope and optimism.” –Angela Davis
- “Can we overcome apathy? Yes, but only if we have hope.” –Jane Goodall
Put It Into Play In Your Life
You can change your way of thinking, but it isn’t always an easy thing to do. Thinking patterns develop over time and take strength to change.
If you find choosing to be optimistic isn’t making things easier or need help and support to get through a trying time or even daily life, talking to a therapist can help.
Online therapy has many benefits, especially if you’re feeling down and the thought of leaving the house to talk face-to-face with someone feels overwhelming. At BetterHelp, you can meet with a licensed professional from the safety of your own home or anywhere you have an internet connection. You can also message your therapist any time, day or night.
Research shows that online therapy is effective, too. In one study, adults with mild to moderate depression or anxiety who enrolled in online treatment resulted in “significant and clinically meaningful improvements in depression and anxiety scores “ after 12 weeks, and the results were sustained for six months.
Some people are just more optimistic than others, but it can be reassuring to know that changing your mindset is possible. Sometimes, the right quotes about optimism can inspire you to have hope. Other times, you may need help to get into a more positive mindset. Talking to a therapist can help you change your thought patterns and start seeing things more positively.
- Previous Article
- Next Article