• I am an open-minded, understanding, compassionate counselor whose passion is collaborating with individuals who are taking steps to improve their mental health. Without judgement I listen to the individual and then teach them the skills they need to overcome life challenges. Every individual is unique and learns differently, so I approach every person with the mindset that not every therapy technique works the same for everyone.
• I have experience collaborating with individuals who are struggling with ADHD-Adjustment Disorder-Depression- Anxiety-PTSD-Domestic Violence- and Anger Management.
• My approach can include cognitive-behavioral therapy, solution focused therapy, or rational-emotive therapy; however, I identify with an eclectic style which enables me to use what works for that person at that moment.
• My life experiences help me empathize with my clients and to understand them better. I also have military ties as a child and currently as an adult. I understand the struggles they face, such as the struggles with adjustment that comes with repeated deployment and relocating.
• I am a warm and interactive counselor who believes in treating everyone with respect, sensitivity, and compassion.
• I provide genuine Christian Faith Based Therapy through my own faith which can be a great source of strength when we are facing challenges in our lives. Faith Base Therapy is an option for you but is not a necessity for us to work together.
Additional areas of focus: Addictions, LGBT, Grief, Intimacy-related issues, Sleeping disorders, Parenting issues, Anger management, Self esteem, Career difficulties, Coping with life changes, Compassion fatigue, Abandonment, Attachment Issues, Blended Family Issues, Commitment Issues, Coping with Natural or Human-Caused Disaster, Divorce and Separation, Domestic Violence, Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Family Problems, Fatherhood Issues, First Responder Issues, Forgiveness, Guilt and Shame, Hospice and End of Life Counseling, Infidelity, Jealousy, Life Purpose, Military and Veterans Issues, Money and Financial Issues, Mood Disorders, Multicultural Concerns, Panic Disorder and Panic Attacks, Post-traumatic Stress, Self-Love, Sexual Dysfunction, Social Anxiety and Phobia, Women's Issues, Young Adult Issues
Clinical approaches: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy
VA LPC 0701007665
I have only had one session and I like her a lot She seems very knowledgeable and caring. I would recommend her
Written on Feb 11, 2024 after therapy with jean for 2 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, trauma and abuse, grief, self esteem, and coping with life changes
All the items I checked apply across the board. Jean has helped me to be comfortable with therapy. It has and continues to help me. I am most grateful.
Written on Nov 28, 2023 after therapy with jean for 6 months on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, and trauma and abuse
Very attentive and helpful!
Written on Oct 08, 2023 after therapy with jean for 1 month
Jean has been instrumental in guiding me on a path that leads to thriving!
Written on May 16, 2023 after therapy with jean for 1 month on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, intimacy-related issues, sleeping disorders, self esteem, coping with life changes, and adhd
Jean has catered to me in every way possible when she can! That’s the thing, I understand she has her own life to live but she’s also helping me with mine. She makes herself available a lot of the time and helps in various different ways. Although I’ve only been working with her for a short amount of time, it’s working out to be something I’ve enjoyed a lot.
Written on Apr 09, 2023 after therapy with jean for 2 weeks on issues concerning relationship issues, and compassion fatigue
Jean is awesome and gives a great perspective
Written on Mar 06, 2023 after therapy with jean for 2 weeks on issues concerning stress, anxiety, family conflicts, trauma and abuse, sleeping disorders, self esteem, compassion fatigue, and adhd