I appreciate the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Shana Latham. I specialize in helping persons manage co-occurring disorders, conflict resolution, systemic depression, situational depression and stress reduction. I have 16-year track record of success in helping clients and staff achieve a broad range of goals and objectives throughout my career as a License Professional Counselor. I take pride in my hands-on approach to therapy which has helped me gain trust and build partnerships with individuals. My style strongly emphasizes pleasantly working together through motivating conversations.
A summary of my valuable counseling skills and practices:
• Experience successfully navigating challenging families to build rapport.
• Over the past 10 years, clients with my guidance have built personal accountability which has resulted in consistent and positive client outcomes. Specialize in “15 Sessions to Family Happiness”
• As a Licensed Professional Counselor, with 16 years counseling persons through mental health, medical, trauma and substance use issues working with: adults, seniors, parents and youth, which has resulted in personal and professional growth. I have nurtured the skill of listening and preparing people for change.
• I understand strategic goal setting and value its role in identifying each persons’ stakeholders in collaboration with a quality of life focus each encounter.
• BA Public Relations, Howard University and MA Counseling Psychology, University of the District of Columbia, Certified in Co-Occurring Disorders by DC Department of Behavioral Health 2013
In review of my profile, you note my education and experience. What it cannot illustrate, however, is the degree of dedication, resourcefulness and professionalism that I can offer. A personal conversation will enable us to discuss how I can support your happiness now and in the future.
- Stress, Anxiety
- Family conflicts
- Trauma and abuse
- Self esteem
I also have experience in Addictions, Relationship issues, Grief, Parenting issues, Anger management, Bipolar disorder, Coping with life changes, ADHD
LPC #PRC 13693 (Expires: 2020-12-31)
She is phenomenal and a great listener. And after listening she gives great insight. I look forward to our conversations. I wish I’d met her years ago.
Shana has been very supportive of me both through scheduled calls and the messaging platform. She really listens and understands the issues I'm struggling with and helps me take a step back so I can work through them. I'm grateful for her support.
I have only had 2 session with Shana so far, but she has already helped talk me through so much. Her reflections and feedback during conversation are thoughtful and insightful, as she especially helps me understand different perspectives. I truly appreciate working with her.
I appreciate how Shauna quickly grasped my situation. I feel I am able open up a little more. Shauna’s voice is comforting.
Shana was very helpful. She was ready to talk about anything that needed to be talked about and worked with me on a broad range of subjects.
Shana session was my first counseling experience, and it work outed very well for me. As she was able to determine and resolve most of my concerns and issues. I'm very satisfied with her work and all wisdom shared to me. There's so much more issue I need to be figuring out through bigger concerns.
Thank you for your mentoring of my anxiety, depression and pain. This is all I need at the moment. I appreciated your time Shana. Best session I've ever had.
Shana has been really supportive in helping me get through a difficult and traumatic time.