Understanding Your Urges: Sexual Tension Between Friends
Updated January 05, 2021
Medically Reviewed By: Lauren Fawley
Developing a romantic relationship over time through friendship can produce some of the deepest and longest-lasting connections. Taking the time to develop a strong foundation upon which you know, care, and understand each other, lends itself to nurturing a healthy romance.
You may feel more comfortable interacting with someone that you consider more of a friend than a potential romantic partner. You feel like this person already knows who you are and accepts you. But is what you have just a deep friendship, or is it something more? Do you want something more or different from this person? There may be many more things to consider your initial desires seriously. There are several approaches you can use to cope with these emotions. Some examples include avoiding flirting with this person or making it a point not to be alone with them. We'll discuss these both later in the article.
The innate desire to be seen as who we are is what steers the emotional attachment termed "Intimacy." As social creatures, this is something we all long for because it's how God made us. We were designed to connect
Dictionary.com defines intimacy as “showing a close union or combination of particles or elements." It is defined as a positive emotional bond that evokes feelings and behaviors related to understanding and support. Intimacy involves having proximity to another that involves the mingling of souls and the sharing of hearts. Alain de Botton said, “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone – and finding that that’s okay with them.”
It is the relationship with one another, through self-disclosure, mutual acceptance, and valuing one another (or showing respect). Intimacy is associated with positive emotions and is considered by some to be the biggest reward to humans in pursuit of maintaining close relationships.
Types of Intimacy
With the different definitions above, one thing can be deduced: intimacy is realized within relationships. Definition from the Oxford Dictionary reveals the relationship as to how two or more people or things are connected or the state of being connected. There are different types of relationships- with specific needs that each of them meets. When there are no clear terms to what the closeness of one to another entails, you can get into unnecessary attachments that can lead to intimacy.
We have different types of relationships –family relationships, sexual relationships, friendship. There are different types of intimacy, but the one that most often comes to mind is sexual intimacy between two people. The other types can lead to sexual intimacy as things unfold.
- Intellectual Intimacy:
An environment that enhances the sharing of thoughts, ideas, skills, hobbies, and that steers intellectualism will often lead to intimacy. You can have discussions that center on life’s situations, different philosophies, and political ideologies you have with another person gives you the feeling that the person is your cerebral mate.
Having someone who you can have a chat with- when you have brain-cracking problems with the assurance that there will be headway can make you feel connected in profound ways.
You can even be a sapiosexual person- you're attracted to someone because of their intellectual capacity. When you develop this attraction, you may be prone to sexual tension since something draws you closer to each other.
- Conflict Intimacy:
The common thought is that the person that you often disagree with is your worst enemy; one may be wrong; however, if that is all you base your judgment. If utilized well, conflict can foster a depth of intimacy; you will be shocked to have. Why? That person could be challenging you to be your best and leave your comfort zone. Both of you can disagree to agree by working out your disagreement in a civilized and respectful manner. The ability to achieve this can make you grow deeper in friendship, with the confidence that there is someone always watching your back.
Once you can achieve the conflict amicably, there should be no other challenges that you cannot weather together.
It should be made clear that conflict intimacy is only achievable when you are intentional about the relationship(whatever form it is)- if you take things with levity, you may grow apart.
- Emotional Intimacy
When you are emotionally intimate in a friendship or relationship, it means your innermost thoughts-smart or stupid- is bare before them. You can be vulnerable around the person- not walking on eggshells.
You being in a state of vulnerability can be scary, especially if you have been hurt before. That does not mean you should not throw the baby with the bathwater- there are people worth giving it a try.
To form emotional intimacy, you should be willing to ask open-ended questions, cultivate the art of listening to others' thoughts, hear them pour out their feelings, not be scared of being judged. Do not also forget to ask to be heard because intimacy is a two-way thing.
On an occasion where you have emotional disconnection in a relationship due to conflict or secrets, you may need to involve a therapist depending on how important the relationship is -BetterHelp counselors do a good job at it.
If the relationship is rather casual, meaning you don't consider it valuable, it will do you much good coming to terms with what it is now.
- Physical Intimacy
Physical intimacy is different from sexual intimacy. You can be affectionate towards someone and yet not be sexually intimate. It is most common within the bounds of people dating. At times, you can have a friend with no form of sexual tension that makes you feel that comfortable with them. You hold hands, cry on each other’s shoulders, hug – these are ways to show physical intimacy.
It's hard to have this kind of intimacy without developing sexual chemistry continuously. The body language of subtle touching can increase the sexual tension between yourselves.
Since these gestures make you feel cherished and nurtured, you can start reading meaning to obvious affection signs if the sexual tension is mutual, good for you! But if it is not, you may have to use the tactic of fight or flight.
I will suggest you seek physical intimacy from platonic same-sex relationships or talk to a counselor at BetterHelp - especially when you are in a vulnerable position. This can help you to avoid being sexually attracted to someone who has no sexual tension towards you. Your emotions can be manipulated, so cut the physical contact and save yourself from hurt.
- Spiritual Intimacy
Spirituality is a personal decision. It is a beautiful feeling when you have a new relationship that revolves around your religious beliefs, habits, and growth. According to studies, partners who share similar spiritual ideologies thrive because they see life through the same lens. Their relationship is strengthened because they can connect on an existential level. People with the same religious background and understanding can refer back to it when life becomes a bit unclear.
Have you seen people in the same niche of religion defend themselves? Some of them do not mind spilling blood to prove to you how superior their religion is. Now imagine you being in a friendship/relationship with someone with an entirely different spiritual background!
The probability of conflict is higher, except if you have learned to respect each other's ideologies and have set healthy boundaries. Without the systems put in place to avoid tension signs, spiritual intimacy is likely not feasible. Share your religious beliefs as soon as you can in any budding friendship. Let them know your stance, listen to theirs, and then choose to draw boundaries to avoid conflict and build intimacy. Even though you are in different phases, when you feel that your spiritual thoughts are understood- not necessarily accepted, spiritual intimacy becomes possible.
Sexual Tension Between Friends
Noticing sexual tension is something you feel or experience rather than explain. The sexual chemistry between friends is noticeable; people comment that there is sexual tension between you and a friend even if you’re in denial. Other people that know you well may have picked up on a change in your behavior. Maybe someone has even commented or mentioned that you seem different around your friend. The signs of sexual tension like prolonged eye contact or how you can’t stop talking about the person or how you respond to the person's touch will make them pinpoint their sexual tension.
Even if you're friends, sexual tension is very natural between two people that find each other attractive. It's up to each person to decide if the sexual attraction you feel is something that you want to or should act on. One consequence of choosing to act on a sexual attraction is that it will complicate the relationship the two of you already have, and there could be positives and negatives to that.
There are many different reasons why some people act out sexual attraction and why people decide not to follow through on these feelings. One example might be that sexual tension can exist between two people who are already committed. It's unrealistic to think that you'll no longer find others attractive just because you decide to commit yourself to a relationship. Other reasons could be that you work together or are not interested in a long-term romantic relationship and are worried that sex could ruin a good friendship.
You might worry that the person will treat you differently if you get physical, or that you could start acting differently towards them. Maybe you are unattached, and the urges you have to make you think of starting a romantic relationship with a person you already know and care about. Or it could be that you have discovered that you are ready to take a relationship to the next level. Either way, it's wise to talk through your feelings with someone you trust to try to help you make sense of what they are telling you.
Source: free pic.Diller via freepik.com
How to Cope with Unwanted Urges
What if the sexual feelings you are having are not returned?
Believe it or not, people aren't great at reading each other's behaviors, and we are especially bad at reading minds. Even if you're almost sure that your friend feels the same tension you are when it comes to hooking up, it's a good idea to check for certain before you act. If you think it seems awkward to ask someone, "Hey, I think I am picking up on some attraction between the two of us, are you feeling that too?" then think how awkward it would be to try to make a move on someone who finds it coming from the left field.
The first thing to do that can help you is to accept what you're feeling. Most people remain in denial of what they are feeling; they act like macho's and keep hurting themselves. Accepting 'I feel sexual towards this person' will go a long way. You become aware of the emotions you're feeling and can start asking yourself questions that validate the emotions like why my heart rate increases when we are together? Is the sexual tension mutual? Isn't sex relationships with different people I feel sexual tension towards going to make me look cheap?
You're sexually attracted to someone; that's okay, but keep in mind that sexual tensions or attractions are feelings or impulses. Not all those feelings need to be fulfilled if there are healthy logical reasons for not going down that road.
There could be butterflies in your stomach when there is eye contact between you and your friend. That does not mean the sexual tension is mutual. If you reduce physical contact, you may realize that you may just be infatuated.
After the short separation for you to think, If you have acknowledged that maybe a sexual relationship with a certain person is unwise, then what do you do with the feelings of attraction you can't seem to shake? Here are some helpful tips to avoid "getting physical" if you think that Could be a bad idea.
- Avoid being alone with that person (develop a fear of intimacy with such a person)
- When you are tempted to act on your urges, remind yourself why you cannot be with this person.
- Do not flirt with or touch them.
- Talk to the person about what you are feeling and why you think it's a bad idea to act on sexual feelings for each other. While at that, maintain stern eye contact- it shows them you mean what you are saying.
- Spend less time together as a whole.
- If you're single, try dating to see if the way you feel has more to do with needing physical intimacy or feeling lonely.
- When you are alone in your room and can't stop smiling about the person, enjoy the moment, assure yourself it is a phase that would soon pass.
- Talk to another friend about the tension you are feeling. Be open to them about the sexual tension you feel. At the point of emotional high, they can be your voice of reasoning.
Cards Fall Where They May
Some people come into our lives and become like family, knowing and nurturing us in ways that our biological families sometimes can't. As adults, we get to choose with whom to spend our days, celebrate our triumphs, share ourselves, and create our memories.
The ties of friendship are crafted through the shared experience of walking through life together, and physicality is sometimes a part of this path. Becoming physically intimate with a friend is not necessarily "bad," it just changes things.
If this happens in one of your friendships, the best thing to do is, to be honest with them about what you are feeling and what you hope to get out of becoming closer to each other in a different way. Know that's sexual tension and be willing to discuss it with them. A lot of pain and confusion can be avoided with open communication and respect for one another as people. It’s possible the sexual tension can dissipate when you both understand it is not just a hook-up.
Focus on yourself. Taking time out of each day for self-care will help you be more in tune with yourself and your emotions. Anything you can do to take time away from thinking about your friend will be a time to distance yourself from the feelings you have toward them. While you are focused on a good part of yourself, improvement will creep in overtime.
Talk to your friends. If you are having trouble deciphering your feelings, having a sounding board can help you. The support system you have behind you will make all the difference as you go down this path.
Find a hobby. If you find yourself spending too much time obsessing over your friend, this is a great option. Channel all that energy into something you are passionate about and watch your outlook improve. Try to make every day a good day.
Seek professional help. If you have found yourself in a confusing situation that you are having a hard time making sense of, or if you feel you could use some guidance about being healthier in your relationships, you are not alone. Interpersonal relationships, whether they involve sexual intimacy or not, can be confusing and can almost seem like minefields.
A mental health professional may be someone to consider speaking to about healthy dynamics of friendships and other relationships and about healthy relationship behaviors. It's okay if you feel like you may need help. The only relationship guides we have are the ones we have experienced or observed, and it can be hard for many people to recognize the qualities of supportive, healthy relationships. Below you can read some reviews of BetterHelp counselors from people who have been helped with similar issues.
Source: press foto via freepik.com
Feeling sexual tension for a friend can be unnerving. It can be difficult to unpack and decide what to do. But with the right tools, you can work your way toward the answer that is right for you. Take the first step today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do You Know If There's Sexual Tension Between Two Friends?
It's not uncommon for two close individuals to experience some emotional attachments after spending good times together. One of the exhilarating sensations that you can experience is sexual tension; then the eye contact becomes longer and deeper. It's fun when it emerges from a positive mutual attraction. Sexual tension isn't one that comes up accidentally; it's a gradual process with conspicuous signs prompted by your brain. You can scrutinize yourself to know if there're sexual tension signs around you. If there's sexual tension between two friends, the following are tension signs of taking note of:
- Eye Contact: When you and your friend constantly find yourselves locking eyes, it is an obvious sign that not of you are more into each other. There’s no doubt that the chemistry in your body can be influenced, leading to rapid development in intimacy through the regular meeting of both parties' eyes. This is practical. When you see someone looking at you, you may be tempted to look back even if you are trying not to, or vice versa. Through eye contact, there's a specific way your body will react to such a situation, telling you that something is happening. This can create sexual tension between both of you.
- Staring: There's no doubt that when you love or admire someone, there's a higher probability that you will keep staring at them. You may be staring at their lips, breast, butts, and so on. So, when two friends are into each other, one way to know if there's sexual tension is when they persistently stare at each other.
- Flirting and Awkward Conversations: Your inability to control yourself from flirting with your friend and saying what you may not ordinarily have said, such as silly jokes, that may sound a little bit awkward are signals for sexual tension.
- Laughing and Smiling More: When there is a constant reciprocation of inner feelings through smiling and laughing, this automatically means that both parties' intimacy is vehement. It's one of the common ways to convey sexual tension.
- Heart Rate increases: Your emotions or impulses have a connection with your heart. When you feel scared, stressed, tired, troubled, or excited, your heartbeats will be different. The influence of chemicals such as oxytocin, dopamine, and norepinephrine when you are sexually attracted to someone, will instantly increase your heart rate. It's a process you can't control because your feelings direct your body.
- Response to Touch: This is an obvious sexual tension sign. Both parties may sensationally respond to subtle touching or brushing some body parts such as hand or leg.
- Notices and comments from People Around: Sometimes, you may be unconscious of your tension; however, you may get to know this when people comment on it.
- Changes in the Way you Speak: There may be changes in your voice pitch if sexual tension is involved. This is because emotion has set in, which automatically reconfigures your physiology. When you're attracted to someone sexually, sometimes you may uncontrollably express yourself in a different normal way to speak.
- Leaning: This is a powerful sign of attraction; when someone is into you, such a person tends to be around you all the time and notably lean on you to offer you their full attention, especially when you are talking.
How Do You Get Rid of Sexual Tension Between Friends?
On several occasions, sexual tension may be a normal reaction that does not necessarily require any further advancement or action. You may be at the honeymoon phase, where you have a mild feeling at starting your new relationship with such a person. This implies that the signs you see do not give you the clearance to react as moved by your feelings immediately. Sometimes, the other person may not worth the risk-taking or crossing boundaries. Therefore, it shows that it's time to get rid of it, i.e., the sexual tension is not worth it. How then can this be effectively done:
- Come out Open, Honest, and clear: Your assumptions may be wrong at times. The best step you can take in this situation is to be open to such a person and honestly, with a comprehensive explanation, tell such a person how you feel. With this, there won't be any confusion —Don't forget it might not be as you might have hoped. If this should be the case, do yourself a favor by letting it go, and then you walk away.
- Take Control of your Senses: Your senses may cause you at times to make decisions that you may later find unworthy. This is why you must not let your sexual desire to gain control over your feelings and passion. When you are in charge, it will be very easy for you to get out of your sexual desire chains. The sexual tension though there, but your brain is more at work than emotions.
Constantly remind yourself that it's not a good idea. Register this in your mind, and it will keep you off it. You don't intend to sleep with such a person; then, there's no need to troubling yourself with such tension.
- Keep your Distance: Some people may tell you that it not necessary to keep your distance. But you must know that it's easier said than done when battling with sexual tension and still near the concerned person.
- Avoid Unhealthy Habits: There are some hazardous situations you can put yourself in that may worsen the condition. This may be drinking. You don't want to try that because it's not worth it.
- Avoid Touching: Subtle touching is one of the basic triggers in the first place. So, when this continues, probably, such tension may be difficult to get rid of in an accidental occurrence. Although it's hard for you not to touch your friend, you need to mind that your emotional stability is the center of concern. Keep off.
- Don't Flirt: Flirting is another basic sign of sexual tension. Most times, it is done unknowingly, and this makes it difficult. But if you want to get rid of it, you must avoid your flirtatious moves towards them or vice versa.
- Draw away your Attention: Your relationship may be more important than your sexual advances. So, in this situation, you may need to ignore the feelings and look for a way to build your relationship platonically.
How Do You Build Sexual Tension With A Friend?
The way your body responds to stimulus is a normal thing. Even at times, it conforms you to be in a healthy state. When you are given butterflies by someone with whom you share similar chemistry, you tend to feel nervous and happy at the same time. You have to believe me. It's a beautiful atmosphere. Sometimes, you may meet someone or a friend close by that you wish you have such chemistry for by moving beyond the Platonic lines. The question is, How? The following are some tips and tricks for you.
- Through Touching: This is a crucial step that you must take. Gradually, the chemistry will start setting in. But if it's a friend, it's a way to establish your intention. You may slightly or subtly touch or brush the back of such a person's hand or shoulder. At first, you may design the scene as an accident, but for subsequent touching, after you two begin to get along, you may purposefully do that.
- Eye Contact: Eye contact is an effective way to establish attraction with someone. When you look into such a person's eyes, gives the impression that you are flabbergasted and intrigued by them. Look into such a person's eyes with a half-smile, look away, and then look at such a person again.
- Flirt through Story Telling: This is one way to build sexual affection with someone by telling a personal or flirtatious story with an element of humor. This story may be about your past flirting experience or someone else's. Ensure you don't make conspicuous your sexual feeling but keep it undertone and let the process flow.
- Use a push-and-pull dynamic system: This is a dynamic system through which you can build your sexual tension. Push such a person away and pull closer physically and through your words. This implies that you'll make your interest known but not that you are too interested. This may arouse within such person the passion for more. You can do this through flirtatious interaction or remarks such as "I want us to be closer than this, but I don't think you can be trusted." Leave such a person in a state of curiosity.
- Use social media for your advantage: You can build sexual tension through exiting. It's a great way to show how good, interesting, and funny you are. There are emojis you can you and teasing messages you can send to form a push and pull dynamic.
Can You Feel Sexual Energy From Someone?
There is a possibility of feelings of sexual energy from someone else. This is normally done after you've successfully developed your sexual energy. If you're feeling sexual energy from someone, it requires some important exercises that involve training your sexual energy, training the organs responsible for perception. These organs help decern the presence of sexual energy in you. So, when you channel it towards others, it makes the process easy.
One important question you need to ask is, "Do you need to differentiate between other people's projections of sexual energy from your attraction." It is good to differentiate so as not to be seeing sexual energy when someone tries to elicit attraction.
To feel someone's sexual energy, you must stay neutral with no attractive preferences because it may affect your observation. You must be objective concerning your perception and awareness to know the status of such a person's sexual magnetism.
How Do You Know If Someone Is Thinking About You Sexually?
Everyone is entitled to think as pleased. It is an intrinsic exercise that is personal to the person involved. Sometimes when you think about someone, it comes in different ways without excluding sexual thoughts. People can do the same for you, but how will you know when someone is thinking about you sexually?
- Eye Contact: The ways such a person gazes at you during the act may be an important factor. If such a person intentionally looks you in the eyes constantly, it may signify that such a person is tinder sexual tension. Your eyes may be a gateway to your feelings at times.
- The feeling you have: If you regularly feel the chemistry anytime you are around such a person, you may be right with your assumption that such a person is into you too.
- Always being Around: You must know that when someone is attracted to you, such a person will always want to hang around you. If such a person is not interested, there might be a wide space between both of you.
- Always want to touch: Touching is one of the ways to get someone interested in you. It is also a signal that validates that you are the subject of someone's thoughts, which may be sexual.
- Flirting: Hardly will you see someone who feels nothing for you to flirt with you. If they want to get closer, they will want to flirt. Flirt is just the output of their thought.
- Nervousness: You may feel different when you are attracted to someone. This may be the way your body reacts to the situation instantly. Sometimes, you may feel giddy. It's a normal state that indicates your attraction towards someone.
- Lip Licking: This is a vivid action. Sometimes this may be done inadvertently because such a person is carried away by emotion.
- The consciousness of their appearance and fidgeting: Several people tend to put up some behavioral patterns when they are into someone. They become fashion-sensitive and seek ways to impress the other party. Also, anytime they are around such a person, they regularly adjust themselves or play with unnecessary hair objects.
How Do You Tell If Someone Is Attracted To You Sexually?
The attraction is the business of the mind connecting with your feelings. If someone is attracted to you, the following are some of the ways you can tell:
- Staring and eye contact: Why will anybody stare at you if nothing is happening? Eyes can be used in communication. If someone is attracted to you, such a person may stare at you and, at times, lock eyes with you.
- Smiling and Blushing: These are attraction signs. The heart rate of someone who is attracted to you will increase when such a person sees you. The rise in the blood pressure will then be responsible for the blushing. Such a person will also smile subconsciously to show no harmful impression or make you see them more friendly.
- Touching and Close Proximity: These are common signals to show that someone is into you. Such a person will constantly attempt to touch you and always want to be where you are and sitting close to you during conversations. Such a person with no fear of intimacy may lean on you.
- Sensitive to other people: If someone is attracted to you, such a person will be sensitive to other people interested in you. Such a person may even bring it to your awareness those that are flirting with you.
- Voices Change: Such a person's voice may reduce when having a conversation with you. This is done because such a person sees you as a special one.
- Flirting: This is one of the ways to know if someone is sexually attracted to you. Such a person will systematically show interest through verbal or non-verbal communication. Such a person may give physical remarks or move ahead to touch you in a flirtatious manner.
- Lip Licking: Lip licking is common. When you see someone you are attracted to; you may be tempted to lip your lips to show how vehement your interest is. So, if someone is attracted to you, for such person to subconsciously so this is high.
What Does Sexual Tension Feel Like?
Sexual tension, just like other feelings, is difficult to explain how it feels. Most times, you feel moved, your heartbeat increases, and your body's nerves become very active. All that you do after is to kiss the one you love. You can hear your heartbeat in your ears, and every nerve in your body screams for you to lean over and kiss them. So, when you're feeling this way, that's sexual tension.
The feeling is metaphorically explained as "butterflies in your stomach, every little hair on your arms standing up, sweaty palms." If you feel this way, it may mean that you're sexually attracted to someone.
How Long Does Sexual Attraction Last?
Sexual attraction can last as long as some other two types of attraction are not affected. The moment they begin to reduce, your sexual attraction will be affected, which probably may make it fade. These two attractions are behavioral and emotional. Your sexual attraction will last as long as there is no clash or disagreement with any of these.
Can People Feel Sexual Tension?
Yes, people can feel the sexual tension. Most times, it is intentionally caused by someone you're attracted to doing things or behaving differently to build the tension in you. And when it's built, the feeling is inexplicable but can be related to butterflies in the stomach.
How Do Men Build Sexual Tension?
Building sexual tension isn't something you build just for fun-close proximity is needed. It's a serious process that may, at times, take your time and require your endurance and patience. If it goes wrong, it may make the girl detest you. The following are tips and tricks used by men to achieve their aim:
- Making Eye Contact: Men know that your eyes are connected with your mind. What you look at for too long, you think about it. So, they use this method to implant feelings in you.
- Naughty Talks: They engage in conversation with you talking about naughty things but not dirty. If you're talking about winning her over, you won't want to open your intention completely. They may, at times, look away after taking an obvious look at your cleavage. This is a signal for sexual desire.
- They compliment you with a hint of sex: Here, they appreciate the girl's beauty and talk about her curves. This is one of the sexual tension signs where they get to tell indirectly the girl that they admire her sexually.
- Physical Contact: They may make a very smart move into your personal space through touch when the opportunity is opened. They always want to get close to her in group settings and make hugs last longer. She may emotionally respond to touch, being aware of any physical closeness. This may increase her sexual tension.
- They Show off their sexy assets: This is a very effective way if they're already into you. You may first check if sexual tension is mutual. If so, a little bit of awkward conversation will increase sexual tension.
- Say goodbye Intensely: When it's time for departure, they make it look like they don't want to. Before they finally say goodbye, they hug her with a little bit of lingering more than normal and delay their leaving with small talk and stare deeply at her in the eyes like they are short for words. If she emotionally reacts to this, that's sexual tension.
How Do You Tell If Someone Is Thinking About You?
The way you think about someone may be different from the way such a person thinks about you. This makes people's unspoken intentions unpredictable. You may think someone loves you and later find out that your initial assumption is wrong. That's how humans are. It's hard to know what's running through their minds. However, when someone has someone in mind, especially when it's romantic, such a person tends to show some obvious or physical signs. This makes knowing the connection between two individuals a little bit easy. So, want are these signs, and how do you tell that someone's thought is centered on you at a particular moment:
- Impulsive smiling: Normally, people, smile at what they find pleasing and exciting. But when someone is thinking about you, such a person's smile is born out of strong emotion with a hidden voice right underneath. Sometimes, they can't stop.
- Change of Emotions: The center of such a person's attraction is emotion. If emotion is not involved, then it's not it. You can observe this in the way such a person talks with you or relates.
- Natural Urge to Connect: You are a subject of nature, and you are bound to her rules. If someone is thinking about you, there will be natural magnetic forces bringing you both together. This implies that you are emotionally connected, or possibly sexual tension is mutual.
- Uncontrollable Eye Movements: This is a common way to know. If someone is thinking about you, such a person's eye movement won't be stable. Sometimes, they may even be shy to make eye contact. And at times the eye contact may be frequent, especially in a crowded room. This is a good indication that you're attracted to such a person.
- Goosebumps: Receiving goosebumps is a sign that someone is thinking about you. This experience can occur at the same time as you too.
- A signal from Dream: Your dreams may give you a glimpse of what's going on. Such a person may pay you a visit in your dreams.
- They Check on you: This shows that you are in such a person's mind. Such a person may check on you through calls or a brief visit.
Previous ArticleI Am Not Attracted To Anyone: What Is Wrong With Me?
Next ArticleEstablishing Healthy Replacements: How To Make Scars Go Away
Learn MoreWhat Is Online Therapy? About Online Counseling
Abuse ADHD Adolescence Alzheimer's Ambition Anger Anxiety Attachment Attraction Behavior Bipolar Body Dysmorphic Disorder Body Language Bullying Careers Chat Childhood Counseling Dating Defense Mechanisms Dementia Depression Domestic Violence Eating Disorders Family Friendship General Grief Guilt Happiness How To Huntington's Disease Impulse Control Disorder Intimacy Loneliness Love Marriage Medication Memory Menopause MidLife Crisis Mindfulness Monogamy Morality Motivation Neuroticism Optimism Panic Attacks Paranoia Parenting Personality Personality Disorders Persuasion Pessimism Pheromones Phobias Pornography Procrastination Psychiatry Psychologists Psychopathy Psychosis Psychotherapy PTSD Punishment Rejection Relationships Resilience Schizophrenia Self Esteem Sleep Sociopathy Stage Fright Stereotypes Stress Success Stories Synesthesia Teamwork Teenagers Temperament Tests Therapy Time Management Trauma Visualization Willpower Wisdom Worry
How Does Emotional Healing Differ From Physical Healing? What Is The Difference Between Behavioral Health Vs. Mental Health? 5 Positive Coping Skills That Will Change Your Life What Is the Definition Of Empathy And Why Does Empathy Matter? How To Recognize Disorganized Speech, And What To Do About It How Can I Get Off This Emotional Rollercoaster?