Playful sex quotes with your partner can be a fantastic way to infuse a little spark into your sex life. Happiness and sex frequently go hand in hand, so consider sending a sexy quote to your partner to boost their day and build anticipation for later. Read on for a selection of playful sex quotes you can have with a partner or enjoy for yourself. If you’ve encountered issues with intimacy in your relationship, working with a couples therapist online can be helpful.
Fun And Flirty Sex Quotes
Humor can lighten the mood and help you build the strength of intimate relationships. According to a recent study, it may be easier to overcome stressful situations with humor, and humor can make you more attractive to potential partners.
- “I never understood why anyone would have sex on the floor until I was with you, and I realized: you don’t realize you’re on the floor.” –David Levithan
- "Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography." — Robert Byrne
- “When I’m good, I’m very good, but when I’m bad, I’m better.” --Mae West
Quotes About Casual Sex
According to the American Psychological Association, casual sex and hookup culture may have become cultural norms in recent years. While the societal shift has largely led to more positivity about sex in general, studies are being conducted to determine if there may be negative psychological consequences to casual sex.
- “So, are you into casual sex, or should I dress up?” — Suzanne Wright
- "I think we can all agree that sleeping around is a great way to meet people." — Chelsea Handler
- “I’m not going to say it was love at first sight. No, it was more like, oh, hell-yes-please, I’ll have that.” — Kristen Callihan, The Hook Up
- “If I met you last night and brought you back to my place or followed you to yours, and we had sex, that's what we asked for from each other. It's what I got and what you got. I don't know you. You don't know me. Thanks for playing, and we're done.” — Tammara Webber, Between the Lines
Romantic Sex Quotes
When you’re in love, your body typically releases significantly more oxytocin, also known as the “love hormone”. According to a recent study, as you spend more time with your partner, your brain generally continues to elevate oxytocin production, potentially reinforcing the positive feelings you experience with them.
- “A sea of whisky couldn’t intoxicate me as a drop of you.” — JS Parker
- “My heart beats faster as you take my hand. My love grows stronger as you touch my soul.” — A.C. Van Cherub
- “Let me paint your lips with the stars… so that I don’t need to go light-years each night to kiss them.” — Samba Shiva Thadavarthi
Quotes About Marriage And Sex
Sex can be a vital part of a happy, healthy marriage, according to a 2016 study. According to the researchers, the depth and intensity of the bond and sexual satisfaction tend to matter substantially more than the frequency of intimate contact in married couples.
- “Sex without love is merely healthy exercise.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- “Don’t have sex with the windows open. Love may be blind, but the neighbors aren’t.” –– Shawn Alff
- “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” — Leo Christopher
- “I told him that I would love him with everything I had in me until the very end of everything, and I meant it.” ― Sarah Ockler
Erotic Sex Quotes
Recent studies show that most people are sexually active and continue to be until late in life. While sexual needs, patterns, and frequency may change as one grows older, it can be essential to practice safe sexual health habits.
- “I look at him, and my body reacts in a way that it never has before, even in the throes of passion. I look at him, and I start aching so deep inside it takes all I can to think, to breathe, to speak. He’s like the brightest flame, and it takes everything in me to resist its call.” — D.L. Hess, Sir
- “In my sex fantasy, nobody ever loves me for my mind.” — Nora Ephron
- “It’s probably best for me to work off some energy before I get you naked. I’m sure you’d like to be able to walk tomorrow.” ― Sylvia Day, Bared to You
Quotes About Intimacy And Sex
Emotional intimacy outside the bedroom can often contribute to physical intimacy in the bedroom.
- "When it comes to sex, the most important six inches are the ones between the ears.” — Dr. Ruth Westheimer
- "Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can't tell anyone about." — Sarah Nader
- “'I want you to spend the night,' you said. And it was definitely your phrasing that ensured it. If you had said, 'Let’s have sex,' or 'Let’s go to my place,' or even 'I really want you,' I’m not sure we would have gone quite as far as we did. But I loved the notion that the night was mine to spend, and I immediately decided to spend it with you.” — David Levithan, The Lover’s Dictionary
- Erotic intelligence stretches far beyond a repertoire of sexual techniques. It is an intelligence that celebrates curiosity and play, the power of the imagination, and our infinite fascination with what is hidden and mysterious.” –Esther Perel
Are You Looking To Keep The Sexual Spark In Your Relationship?
Sex Positive Quotes
Recent years seem to have seen an explosion of sex positivity, and healthcare professionals generally continue to promote positive sexual health, according to recent studies. Sex can be a regular human activity for consenting adults, and it may help many people to treat it as a typical experience, rather than as something dirty or shameful.
- "To me, sex is power. It’s empowering when you do it because you want to do it.” — Rihanna
- "Sex is... perfectly natural. It's something that's pleasurable. It's enjoyable, and it enhances a relationship. So why don't we learn as much as we can about it and become comfortable with ourselves as sexual human beings because we are all sexual?" — Sue Johanson
- “Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.” –– Marilyn Monroe
- “Girl power is about loving yourself and having confidence and strength from within, so even if you’re not wearing a sexy outfit, you feel sexy.” — Nicole Scherzinger
How Therapy Can Benefit Your Sex Life
If you’ve noticed trouble expressing yourself emotionally or sexually with your partner, consider speaking with a licensed therapist to get to the root of the problem. Many people attend couples or sex therapy online through virtual platforms. Patients frequently said the reduced costs and wait time, as well as the ability to receive treatment from home, were the primary draws to virtual therapy.
Therapists often use cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help people recognize and correct their harmful or unhelpful habits, thoughts, and behaviors. Research shows online CBT treatments can be as effective as in-person appointments. Online couples therapy can also be a viable alternative to face-to-face treatment, according to a recent study.
- Previous Article
- Next Article