Hello, I am a Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervisory Designation (LISW-S). I have over 7 yrs of direct mental health experience. I am grounded in a commitment to social justice, personal well-being, and the development of the whole person. I focus on depression, anxiety, stress, life changes and parenting (especially for those who care for individuals w/special needs). Typical areas of concern are emotional well-being, managing stress, relationship or family issues, identifying/exploring patterns and making desired changes. I work with clients through the process of becoming healthy individuals, offering them a place to receive both nurture and compassionate challenge. My goals are to assist individuals in the areas of 1) Self-Empowerment and Acceptance, 2) Decision-making, 3) Developing and implementing coping skills, 4) Identifying and using internal and external resources and 5) Improved positive well-being. I work with individuals (straight or LGBTQIA). I am highly competent in a variety of cultures, religions, and social and interpersonal issues. My practice core values are:
1) Autonomy - Self-determination; behavior an individual stands behind and, if reflective, would endorse and value. Autonomy is the process of doing something by one’s own decision or initiative.
2) Competence - Providing high quality, professional counseling services provided by a qualified LISW-S.
3) Effectiveness - A commitment to on-going education. It is knowing, understanding and implementing the best treatment practices available, practicing within my areas of expertise, and referring clients to other resources whenever it is in their best interest.
4) Integrity - Upholding a professional ethic regarding respect, privacy and confidentiality.
5) Respect & Diversity - Recognizing all aspects of our humanity and honor that all of these aspects remain salient to every life. This includes age, physical abilities and cognitive talents, socioeconomic status, political viewpoints, religious/spiritual and/or philosophical beliefs, sexuality, gender, racial/ethnic identities, and other unique characteristics.
I offer a safe and non-judgmental place, and I would be happy to work with you.
- Stress, Anxiety
- Self esteem
- Coping with life changes
LGBT , Relationship issues , Family conflicts , Trauma and abuse , Parenting issues , Anger management , Career difficulties , Coaching , Compassion fatigue , Abandonment , Autism and Asperger Syndrome , Blended Family Issues , Body Image , Caregiver Issues and Stress , Codependency , Commitment Issues , Communication Problems , Control Issues , Divorce and Separation , Domestic Violence , Emptiness , Expats , Family of Origin Issues , Family Problems , First Responder Issues , Forgiveness , Guilt and Shame , Immigration Issues , Infidelity , Intellectual Disability , Isolation/Loneliness , Jealousy , Life Purpose , Men's Issues , Midlife Crisis , Money and Financial Issues , Mood Disorders , Multicultural Concerns , Narcissism , Postpartum Depression , Posttraumatic Stress , Pregnancy and Childbirth , Prejudice and Discrimination , Self-Harm , Self-Love , Sexual Assault and Abuse , Sexuality , Social Anxiety and Phobia , Women's Issues , Workplace Issues Read more...
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Existential Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy
LISW #I.1600358-SUPV (Expires: 2022-12-30)
She is phenomenal
Empathetic, adaptable, knowlegdeable, personable
I have really enjoyed my sessions with Isabel. She is direct and honest with a very caring tone. She challenges ideas to make you think about a situation, or even yourself in a different way. I truly find myself empowered after speaking with her :)
Isabel has been really helpful to me when I was really going through a terrible time. Because of her, I am able to cope with quite a lot of my regular anxieties and able to get through really tough days where even basic tasks were extremely difficult . She has been really amazing.
This is the best counseling experience I have ever had in my life is with Isabel.
Isabel is very thoughtful and kind. She always listens to me and has a lot of useful information to give. It’s very clear that she is a professional.
I am very new to therapy and have never done it in person before, but better help has made it so much more convenient and comfortable for me. Isabel is a very good listener and I feel very comfortable talking with her.
Understanding, helpful and always gives resources to refer to.