Sex Quotes For Him That Will Help With Dating And Intimacy
Whether you’re falling in love for the first time, contemplating if your partner is “the one,” or seeking to rekindle the spark with your long-time love, it can help to know you’re not the only one feeling this way. Read on for a selection of quotes about sex and love that may relate to something you’re experiencing. For more individualized guidance, online therapy can be helpful.
Quotes About Marriage And Sex
Sex can be integral to a successful, happy marriage. A 2016 study showed that the intimacy of the connection and the satisfaction tended to matter far more than the frequency in married couples.
- “Getting married is easy, having sex is easier, but finding someone who can stimulate your mind and make love to your soul, that is rare.” — Habeeb Akande
- “Sex is emotion in motion.” –Mae West
- “A gentleman holds my hand. A man pulls my hair. A soulmate will do both.” -- Alessandra Torre
- “Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.” –Marilyn Monroe
- “Sex is about the quality of your entire love life, not the intricate alignment of your bodies.” — Kevin Leman
- “Passionate sex is great. A passionate marriage filled with passionate sex…so much better.” — Unknown
Funny Sex Quotes
- “Don’t have sex with the windows open. Love may be blind, but the neighbors aren’t.” --Shawn Alff
- “Good sex is like good bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand.” –Mae West
- “Don’t put off until tomorrow anyone you could be doing today.” -- Emma Chase
- “Once you finish having sex, what is there to do but start over?” –Jarod Kintz
- “The best time of day for sex is any time because it’s sex.” – Cameron Diaz
- “God gave me both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.” — Robin Williams
Quotes About Sex And Intimacy
Although intimacy can have different definitions for different people, it’s generally believed to be a vital ingredient for healthy relationships.
- “The deepest moments of intimacy occur when you’re not talking.” — Patricia Love
- “When it comes to sex, the most important six inches are the ones between the ears.” — Dr. Ruth
- “Intimacy is not something that just happens between two people; it is a way of being alive. At every moment, we are choosing either to reveal ourselves or to defend ourselves, to value ourselves or to diminish ourselves, to tell the truth, or to hide. To dive into life or to avoid it. Intimacy is making the choice to be connected to, rather than isolated from, our deepest truth as that moment.” — Geneen Roth
- “Intimacy is being seen and known as the person you truly are.” -- Amy Bloom
- “The grass is greener where you water it.” — Unknown
- “No one has imagined us. We want to live like trees, sycamores blazing through the sulfuric air, dappled with scars, still exuberantly budding, our animal passion rooted in the city.” -- Adrienne Rich
Romantic Sex Quotes
Along with the emotions tied to your romantic partner, your brain can produce a hormone called oxytocin (the “love hormone” or “cuddle hormone”) when you spend time with them—especially during sex, according to a recent study.
- “To have her here in bed with me, breathing on me, her hair in my mouth — I count that something of a miracle.” –– Henry Miller
- “Couples who schedule time to connect with each other have healthier, happier relationships.” ---Chris Kraft, Ph.D.
- “I never understood why anyone would have sex on the floor. Until I was with you and I realized: you don’t ever realize you’re on the floor.” ―David Levithan, The Lover’s Dictionary
- “Nobody dies from the lack of sex. It’s lack of love we die from.” — Margaret Atwood
Quotes About Sex Positivity
Sex is often a regular activity for consenting adults and can be a crucial part of the human experience. However, the topic tends to elicit a variety of emotions. Many healthcare providers and therapists promote positive sexual health, from partners to safeguard.
- “Even with the awkwardness of first time lovers, there was a grace and purity, carnal and beautiful that I knew from that moment on I could never live without.” ---Fiona Zedde
- “And yet another moral occurs to me now: Make love when you can. It’s good for you.” — Kurt Vonnegut
- “We are all born sexual creatures, thank God, but it’s a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “Sex is as important as eating or drinking, and we ought to allow the one appetite to be satisfied with as little restraint or false modesty as the other.” — Marquis de Sade
- “If sexuality is one dimension of our ability to live passionately...then in cutting off our sexual feelings, we diminish our overall power to feel, know, and value deeply.” ---Judith Plaskow
- “Sex is the best high. It’s better than any drug. I want to die making love because it feels so good.” — Bai Ling
- “To me, sex is power. It’s empowering when you do it because you want to do it.” — Rihanna
Witty Sex Quotes
Some people may be sexually attracted to intelligence, according to a 2018 study. This tendency is often called sapiosexuality. If you’re not finding the kinds of partners you want long-term, consider finding someone who values your mind along with your body.
- “Touch her in all ways nonphysical… Give her intellectual orgasms in multiples and allow temptation to drip from her ears. Go down on her thoughts and taste her perception. Learn her soul, and she will fill the void of your filthiest imaginations… Never start with the hands.” — A.D. Woods
- “Sex is like air; it’s not important unless you aren’t getting any.” — John Callahan
- “What really matters in sex isn’t the things you can measure; it’s how people feel, which is a lot harder to explore, understand, measure, or fix.” -- Marty Klein
- “Sipski defines orgasm as a reflex of the autonomic nervous system that can be either facilitated or inhibited by cerebral input (thoughts and feelings).” –- Mary Roach
- “Sex appeal is fifty percent what you’ve got and fifty percent what people think you’ve got.” — Sophia Loren
- "For women, the best aphrodisiacs are words. The G-spot is in the ears. He who looks for it below there is wasting his time." — Isabel Allende
Quotes With Deep Thoughts About Sex
According to a 2022 study, positive sexual experiences often involve a dynamic interplay of mental, emotional, and reward-motived factors. Take some time and contemplate what your relationship means to you, cuddle in bed, and indulge in pillow talk, or consider how the intimate connection to your partner impacts your life.
- “Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.” ― Oscar Wilde
- “Sex is always about emotions. Good sex is about free emotions; bad sex is about blocked emotions.” — Deepak Chopra
- “A sea of whisky couldn’t intoxicate me as a drop of you.” --JS Parker
- “Sex without love is merely healthy exercise.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- “An intellectual is a person who’s found one thing that’s more interesting than sex.” — Aldous Huxley
- “Sex: the thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble.” — John Barrymore
How Therapy Can Help Your Sex Life
If you’re worried about the state of your sex life or have noticed concerning patterns or thoughts in yourself, consider therapy as a potential solution. Working with a licensed therapist through online therapy platforms can be a popular choice due to the convenience of receiving treatment from home, benefiting from reduced costs and wait times, and enjoying flexible appointment formats such as phone, video call, or online chat.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can be one of the most effective ways to identify and correct harmful or unhelpful behaviors and thought patterns. Research indicates that online CBT treatments can be as effective as face-to-face sessions.
- Previous Article
- Next Article