10 Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone
It's one thing to introduce yourself, but to develop a deeper understanding with someone that you just met without getting too personal can be tricky business, but thinking up questions to ask to get to know someone needs to be done in order to determine who your friends, and possibly your soulmates are.
To find out more about a person, you either need to ask them a lot of questions or converse about very specific topics. More often than not, the conversation will just play out naturally, but if you want to start something up with someone new, there are some things to consider.
Questions to Ask to Get to Know Someone
The number of questions that you can ask someone are infinite, but the best questions are those that are simple yet have the potential of providing detailed and informative answers.
Extracted from Rania Naim's"40 Deep Questions to Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone" and Barrie Davenport's "30 Powerful Getting To Know You Questions" are 10 questions that fulfill these qualifications.
- What is the best and worst phase of your life? The answer to this question can be a deep one as you are learning what makes them happy and what deeply troubles them.
- What is your favorite book or movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much? When a person identifies a story or film that they enjoy, you will learn the tiny details that grab their attention or the messages that they find significant.
- What are you most thankful for? From this question, you will better understand what they love and possibly want they wish to have.
- What is the one thing that people always misunderstand about you? This question can prompt a pet peeve of sorts when it comes to their reputation. This may be important to remember for future discussions. You do not want to offend them.
- What is your biggest regret in life? You may be able to relate to them, help them cope with living with that regret, or turn it around so that it is not a regret anymore.
- If you could change something in the world, what would it be? This question will enable you to see what they see about the world. Are they aware of what is happening and how much do they care about others?
- What's on your bucket list? This is a fun question because they may be a little quirky which reveal their fun side. They can show off their biggest dreams and heartfelt promises.
- What would you most like to learn and why? Yet, another fun question. This will reveal their deepest yearnings. If you two were meant to be, perhaps you will want to learn it together.
- What are your top fears? This is an interesting prompt as you dig into their unconscious mind and learn what he really struggles with.
- What do you feel passionate about?A nice contrast to the previous question, this prompt will help you understand what drives them. This can be useful to better relate to them later on in your relationship.
Having Trouble Getting Started?
If you are finding it difficult to speak to others or building off on an already established relationship, utilizing an online therapy platform such as BetterHelp may be worth looking into. At BetterHelp, you can either talk with a certified therapist one-on-one or take couples counseling.