What Are The Best "How Well Do You Know Me" Questions? 25 Good-To-Know Questions For Couples Exploring Love, Marriage, Friendship, Parenting
By: Dylan Buckley
Updated December 22, 2020
Medically Reviewed By: Kelly Kampf
"How well do you know me" questions are a great way to gauge the closeness of a couple or learn new things about your partner that you have never discovered before. These "how well do you know me" questions can be a fun way to test your partner to see how perceptive they are toward your quirks, preferences, and habits.
These "how well do you know me" questions can also help you get a sense of whether your partner is truly committed and attentive toward you. Sometimes it can be hard to know if a relationship is going somewhere. You want a way to know if you might be wasting your time. Or maybe you are in a long-term relationship and are curious about how much your partner knows about you but are finding it difficult to find the right place to start. "How well do you know me" questions are a great way to start that conversation with your partner in a fun and light-hearted manner.
Regardless if you're in a new or long-term relationship, "how well do you know" questions are a great way to get to know someone better, whether or not you've known them for a long time or just a short while. Even if you're childhood friends and think you know everything about each other, these 25 "How Well Do You Know Me" Questions catch your partner by surprise!
Does Not Knowing My Significant Other Spell Doom for the Relationship?
Those who are new to a relationship, and even those who have been together for years, may not always be aware of some of the deeper aspects of their partner's personality. Some wants, needs, and desires may go completely under the radar or may show up so sporadically that you miss or forget about them. Partners in this position will often wonder, am I a bad partner?
Not knowing everything about your significant other does not mean your relationship is destined to fail. There are plenty of other people out there who do not know everything about their partner or may slip up sometimes. It simply means you just need to take some more time to learn and absorb that information, which is what this article will help you do.
"How well do you know me" questions can be a light-hearted and fun way to learn more about your partner, no matter what stage you are in the relationship. If you have been together for a long time and feel as though you and your partner know a lot of about each other already, maybe start with harder and more personal "how well do you know me" questions to make it more a challenge or turn these 25 "how well do you know me" questions into you next date night idea.
25 "How Well Do You Know Me" Questions for Couples
- What is my full name?
- When is my birthday?
- What am I insecure about?
- What is my favorite food?
- What food do I hate?
- What is my biggest pet peeve?
- What's my favorite TV show?
- What's something that always cheers me up when I'm sad?
- What did we do for our first date?
- What is my biggest fear?
- If I could travel anywhere, where would I go?
- What are my long-term goals?
- What are my main career goals?
- What three things do I like most about you?
- What is my favorite song or artist?
- What are my talents?
- What's my favorite smell?
- What are my parent's names?
- What are my favorite pastimes?
- What is one of my best childhood memories?
- Am I a dog or a cat person?
- Do I have any allergies?
- If I could bring a famous person back to life, who would it be?
- What is something that I would never admit to anyone else?
- If I could be any animal, what would it be?
By answering these "how well do you know me" questions about each other, you and your partner can learn whether your relationship is superficial or if your partner is paying close attention to your needs, habits, preferences, feelings, and the things you say on a regular basis. These "how well do you know me" questions can also help you two connect on a deeper level as a couple and with yourself!
These "how well do you know me" questions can also just be a starting point to a larger conversation. Perhaps you have been in a relationship with your partner for a while, or even just got engaged, but are still unsure of where they stand on certain issues or values that are important to you. Maybe feel as though you may have missed the right timing to ask the answers to some more personal "how well do you know me" questions, or that you don't really know each other on a deeper level. Set a game night with your partner where you both will ask "how well do you know me" questions or for your next date, plan a set of "how well do you know me" questions each! "How well do you know me" questions can be a light and fun way to get the conversation started on a more serious topic.
However, you and your partner go about asking the "how well do you know me" questions, whether it was for a date night, game night, or casual Friday night, the "how well do you know me" questions experience was fun and you learned something about your partner. Maybe you grew stronger as a couple as well!
A Few Additional Ways You Can Use These How Well Do You Know Me Questions
While these "how well do you know me" questions seem pretty straight forward, there are a few different ways you can use them. Here are some "how well do you know me" question ideas to get you started. However, it is important to remember that you can be as creative as you want with this exercise because the whole point is to have fun and get to know the other person better:
- Ask the "how well do you know me" questions exactly as they are: When you follow this strategy, you will be asking your significant other to answer the "how well do you know me" questions about you. This can be fun, almost like a game show if you've been together for a while. However, if you don't know each other very well, it can just be frustrating to ask them this way.
- Have a conversation about the "how well do you know me" questions: Instead of asking them as "how well do you know me" questions, you can simply state your answers to each other. That way, no one is having to guess or remember what the other person's answer is to any one of these "how well do you know me" questions. You can both simply relax and talk about your answers together. Doing it this way leaves little room for error or possible arguments if someone doesn't get the answer right.
- Answer the "how well do you know me" questions all at once: You can make a whole date night out of the "how well do you know me" questions. Go out to dinner and discuss your answers over your meal. You can have one person answer all the questions at a time, or you can simply each answer them together.
- Write your answers to the "how well do you know me" questions down: If you don't want to take the chance that the other person's answer is impacted by your response or what you say first, you can both go through and write down your answers to the "how well do you know me" questions. Then, when you are both finished, you can discuss your answers together.
- Choose one "how well do you know me" question at a time: Instead of going through the whole list in one sitting, you can use this as an ongoing exercise. The first few "how well do you know me" questions are relatively easy if you've known each other and are in a relationship. After that, you could put all the "how well do you know me" questions into a jar or hat and draw them out once a day or on date nights. These "how well do you know me" questions can lead to discussions so you don't have to feel like you need to rush through them.
- Remember that everyone is different. It's ok if you're a dog person and they're a cat person. It doesn't mean you can't be happy together!
- Don't try to influence the other person's answers. Allow them to answer the "how well do you know me" questions on their own.
- Don't interrupt. Sometimes it may be hard for your partner to answer the "how well do you know me" questions, especially if they are more personal. The goal of the "how well do you know me" questions were for you and your partner to get closer and learn more about each other, so make sure you give them the proper space and time to answer the "how well do you know me" questions.
- Remember that you might not know the person as well as you think you do. If they give an answer to one or more of the "how well do you know me" questions that you didn't expect, don't get frustrated. Some of these "how well do you know" questions may be about things that you and your partner have never thought about or discussed. These "how well do you know me" questions can be a great start to open up a larger conversation between the two of you about important things such as values and your future together.
- Ask questions. These "how well do you know me" questions can start entire conversations that allow you to go deeper. Even the simple question of 'what's my full name?' can go into a deeper discussion if you use to follow up questions. You could ask things like, "Is there a story behind your name?" or, "Did you like your name growing up?" or, "Have you ever wanted to change your name and, if so, what did you want it to be?"
- Add new "how well do you know me" questions. If you make it through this list of 25 "how well do you know me" questions, you can try making up "how well do you know me" questions to ask each other, such as:
? Would you rather be able to fly or read minds?
? If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?
? What's your favorite school memory?
Additional Tips to Improve Your Relationship
Relationships are hard work and just getting to know each other won't be enough to help you get through difficult points or improve your progress. Along with these "how well do you know me" questions, it can be helpful to have a few additional pointers that will make it easier to gain traction in your relationship with another person. Here are a few tips to help you get started, whenever you're having "how well do you know me" conversations!
Apply What You Learn to Show Appreciation
Knowledge is only power when it has been applied to what you have learned. Don't let your newfound knowledge of your partner go unused. Leverage their likes and needs to your advantage by setting up date nights or making presents that show you both listen and care. Take what you learn from your "how well do you know me" questions and conversations, and apply your knowledge to show that you listen.
Accept That You May Not Always Have the Same Hobbies or Likes
Some people believe you have to enjoy the same things as your partner in order to be compatible. While you should have some things in common, not having things in common can keep a relationship going even more and allow you to explore things you didn't even know about. Accept (and embrace) that you may not be the same as your partner. A relationship can thrive without you having the same personality. While you're answering each other's "how well do you know me" questions, remember that it's a good thing to still be learning about each other. If you find that there are some things you disagree on, understand that that's okay, too.
Make Communication a Must
Many people will make communication a priority at first and then let it slip away when they believe it is no longer necessary. Communication is always necessary and you must keep it open! Schedule times throughout the week where you can speak openly with your partner. It's also possible that during your "how well do you know me" conversations, you learn that your partner prefers to engage in open communication randomly throughout the week. Remember that no matter how you both prefer to communicate, to prioritize communication.
Reaching Out to BetterHelp
Still feel like things are up in the air between the two of you? If you aren't sure that you are in a healthy relationship, online counseling services like BetterHelp are a great way to talk through your relationship issues with an impartial counselor who can help you gain the insight you need to decide what you want moving forward. Perhaps you learned during your "how well do you know me" conversations that you're not on the same page about how to split finances, or maybe you found out that one person wants to wait ten years before having kids, while the other only wants to wait a few years. Licensed therapists can take these disagreements and help you focus on healthy communication, compromise, and commitment (if both partners want the relationship to last).
BetterHelp is an online counseling platform that streamlines the therapy process while giving you access to a wide selection of certified therapists. Couples counseling can often be overwhelming, but with this option, you and your partner can work around any scheduling or travel issues that would come up with traditional therapy. Read below for some reviews of BetterHelp counselors, from people experiencing similar issues.
"Stephanie is a gem! She's very thoughtful, thorough, honest, insightful but most of all helpful. This is coming from a person that never wanted to do counseling and just "knew" I didn't need it. She's been key in helping my wife and I find our better place. She made us grow as a couple and individually. Thanks Steph!"
"Emmily has been very helpful to me in my communication challenges with my partner. She took the time at the start to understand in my past counseling and counselors of what worked well and what didn't. She respected that input during our sessions. I appreciated it because we were able to get down to why I was using BetterHelp quickly and she had an idea of what would work for me."
More "How Well Do You Know Me" Questions to Ask Your Partner
If you would like to ask your partner more personal "how well do you know me" questions, but don't know how then look no further. Here are some more "how well do you know me" questions tohttps://www.regain.us/advice/general/21-questions-to-ask-a-guy-before-getting-into-a-serious-relationship/ask, and while some of these might be a bit deeper than the "how well do you know me" questions listed above, they'll really get you to know the nitty-gritty, and in many cases, you'll learn interesting facts about your partner, from bucket list items to even their favorite restaurant.
Where do you want to go on vacation?
Do you love cats or dogs more?
What position do I sleep in?
Do you love simple or luxurious things?
Do you love store-bought or homemade gifts?
What was your favorite sexual experience?
More "How Well Do You Know Me" Questions:
- What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
- What household chore do you hate the most?
- What type of music makes you happy?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What's your favorite meal for me to make?
- What's your favorite outfit to wear during dates?
- Do you feel you're organized or messy?
- What would be the meal of the day each week if you could choose one?
- Which family member on my side annoys you the most?
- If you could ask me random "how well do you know me" questions, what would it be?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- Do you think you curse a lot?
- How do you feel about your parents?
- Do you want to go to your high school reunion?
- If you had a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would purchase?
- If you could play any instruments, what would you play?
- Would you go to your partner's school reunion?
- Would you rather stay at home or go out for a date?
- What is the one weakness in our marriage?
- What's the worst trouble present in our marriage?
- If your partner was sick, would you stay awake for 24 hours?
- Do you brush your teeth twice a day or once a day?
- What is your favorite social media?
- Is something you could do for hours straight?
- If you could get a tattoo on any part of your body, where would you get one?
- Do you make sure to let the family know when you run late at work?
- How much stress do student loans put on you?
- What are your thoughts on open relationships?
- Would you like to be engaged and get married someday?
- Would you rather be poor but be close to family, or rich but far away?
- Who is your favorite pop culture personality?
- Do you have any fond memory of summers as a child?
- Have you been anywhere outside of the United States?
- If you could have sex with your celebrity crush, would you?
- What type of music do you like to listen to while having sex?
- What's the one issue with social media that you have?
- Which family member annoys you the most?
- What was your favorite subject as a child?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you have any questions about childhood which remain unresolved?
- Do we need to do more couple stuff, or are you happy with what we do?
These are all good "how well do you know me" questions to ask, and while some of them may highlight the good or bad in the relationship, they're worth asking. Some of these "how well do you know me" questions are great questions to really probe your partner's mind and get a good idea of what they're thinking. For example, with open relationships, your partner may be curious about exploring this, but you're not sure. If you answer and they're honest, they'll talk to you about this, and you can come to an understanding together. These "how well do you know me" questions are designed to really enhance your relationship, and you can pick a couple to get started with and go from there to really pick and probe at your relationship and better understand your partner in the best ways you can.
Regardless of your relationship, old or new, learning more about your partner will help to strengthen your relationship and keep the mystery going. Learn more about what you should be asking and how you can apply it to your relationship to help you fall deeper in love with your partner. A lasting, fulfilling relationship is possible, with the right tools. Take the first step.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) "How Well Do You Know Me?"
What are some good “how well do you know me” questions for friends?
Having friends and learning about one another can make your friendship stronger and more interesting. Some "how well do you know me" questions you may ask one another can be serious while others can simply be for fun. A few “how well do you know me” questions for friends include the following.
What’s my favorite food?
Did I play any sports in high school or college?
What is my zodiac sign?
- How many siblings do I have?
- What’s my favorite vacation destination?
- Who was my movie star crush when I was a teen?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me?
- Would I prefer coffee or tea?
- What is the name of my favorite band?
- Do I believe in life after death?
- What is the best gift I ever received?
- What do I like on my favorite sandwich?
If you have known your friend for a long time, or perhaps you're childhood friends, and want to ask deeper and more personal "how well do you know me" questions, you can start with a few of the following "how well do you know me" questions instead:
- When I was a child, what was my biggest fear?
- What is my biggest fear today?
- Why do I do what I do for a living?
- What is my biggest dream?
Sometimes, even though we have known someone for a long time, that doesn't mean that we know everything about them. Maybe there are "how well do you know me" questions that you have never thought of asking, or were always curious about some of the answers to these "how well do you know me" questions but were too afraid to ask! Setting the stage with a game night with a new or long-time friend to ask these "how well do you know me" questions will be the perfect way to get to know each other a bit better or even just yourself. Maybe there are questions that you also think about that you want answers to, but want to get the opinion of a long-time friend first.
What are some 'How well do my parents know me' questions? What are some good questions to ask my parents?
There may be times when you question how well your parents know you or vice versa. Taking the time to ask "how well do you know me" questions and get to know one another on a deeper level is important for family relationships. Some great "how well do you know me" questions you can use for conversation starters with your parents include:
- What is my favorite color?
- Who is my oldest friend?
- What’s my favorite childhood memory?
- What’s my favorite movie?
- Can you write a comment with my name, email and phone number from memory?
- What was my favorite family vacation?
What's your favorite part of marriage?
If you could pick one of each of the following (vacation places, food, and sports) to have for the rest of your life, what what you choose?
Do you have any random questions for me?
How do you ask an intelligent question? What is usually involved in asking an intelligent question?
Everyone wants to sound intelligent when talking to others. Knowing how to ask intelligent questions can help you get information you want or need with confidence. To ask intelligent "how well do you know me" questions, decide what the goal of your "how well do you know me" question is. Intelligent "how well do you know me" questions typically involve who, what, when, where, why and how approaches. For example:
- Who is responsible for the bill?
- What would you like for me to do to help?
- Where can I find the paperwork you left for me?
- How often would you like to meet?
- Why is this important to you?
- When can I expect your response?
Although these examples may seem simple, intelligent questions don’t have to be “wordy” or come across as overbearing. One of the most important parts of asking intelligent "how well do you know me" questions is to implement your listening skills as you wait for answers. Get to the point of what you want or need to know and give the other person an opportunity to answer you.
What are the 4 types of questions?
The four types of questions are:
- Special or “wh” questions. For example:
- Where are you from?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- Who are the people walking on the sidewalk?
- Choice questions are questions that offer a person more than one option as an answer. They are common on multiple choice tests and may be if you want someone to help make a decision.
- Would you prefer pasta or pizza?
- Is pink or purple your favorite color?
- You can go skating or to the park; which would you prefer?
- Tag questions (also referred to as “disjunctive” questions) are made up of two parts. One part of the question is a positive statement and the other part is a negative statement.
- Mom will be home soon, won’t she?
- Jim didn’t go to the store, did he?
- She’s inviting them to dinner, isn’t she?
- General Yes or No questions
- Can I borrow the car?
- Have you put your laundry away?
- Would you like to go with me?
When it comes to "how well do you know me" questions, the first two kinds of questions are best suited to get to know someone.
What questions to ask your parents before they die? What are some good questions to ask your parents before they die?
No one wants to think of their parent dying. However, part of being responsible is preparing for emergencies or making arrangements for how things will be handled after death. It’s important to talk to your parents while they are still of effectively communicating their wants and needs to you. Some important questions to ask your parents include:
- Do you have a will?
- Have you planned for your final expenses or prepaid for a funeral?
- Do you have an attorney or an Executor that you have assigned to handle your personal and financial matters after you pass away?
- Have you considered establishing a living will or medical power of attorney in the event of life-threatening illness or injury?
- Do you have copies of important documents such as insurance policies that may be needed if you pass away?
- What are the policy terms for your life or burial insurance?
Therapy is a personal experience, and not everyone will go into it seeking the same things. But, keeping these nine things in mind can ensure that you will get the most out of online therapy, regardless of what your specific goals are.
If you’re still wondering if therapy is right for you, and how much therapy costs, please contact us at email@example.com. BetterHelp specializes in online therapy to help address all types of mental health concerns. If you’re interested in individual therapy, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about BetterHelp as a company, please find us on
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) - 1-800-656-4673
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
- NAMI Helpline (National Alliance on Mental Illness) - 1-800-950-6264
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) SAMHSA Facebook, SAMHSA Twitter
- Mental Health America, MHA Twitter, MHA Facebook, MHA Instagram, MHA Pinterest
- WebMD, WebMD Facebook, WebMD Twitter, WebMD Pinterest
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health), NIMH Facebook, NIMH Twitter, NIMH YouTube
- APA (American Psychiatric Association), APA Twitter, APA Facebook, APA LinkedIN, APA Instagram
For related "how well do you know me?" articles, please see:
- How well do you know me:
- 25 Questions To Get To Know Someone Deeply: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/25-questions-to-get-to-know-someone-deeply/
- Ask These 20 Questions To Get To Know People: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/ask-these-20-questions-to-get-to-know-people/
- How Well Do You Know Me: Understanding Your Personality Type: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/how-well-do-you-know-me-understanding-your-personality-type/
- Talk To Strangers? Approaching The Great Unknown: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/talk-to-strangers-approaching-the-great-unknown/
- I Need To Know How To Make My Boyfriend Want Me: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/i-need-to-know-how-to-make-my-boyfriend-want-me/
- Listen, And Know Stuff To Talk About With Your Crush: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/listen-and-know-stuff-to-talk-about-with-your-crush/
- Knowing The 6 Types Of Love Can Improve Your Relationships: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/knowing-the-6-types-of-love-can-improve-your-relationships/
- 10 Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/10-questions-to-ask-to-get-to-know-someone/
- 12 Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone Quickly: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/12-questions-to-ask-to-get-to-know-someone-quickly/
- The Questions You Can Ask Someone To Get To Know Them: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/the-questions-you-can-ask-someone-to-get-to-know-them/
- How To Get To Know Someone On A First Date: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/how-to/how-to-get-to-know-someone-on-a-first-date/
- How Well Do You Know Your Spouse? Here’s How You Can Find Out!: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/marriage/how-well-do-you-know-your-spouse-heres-how-you-can-find-out/
- How Well Do You Know Me? Can You Answer These Questions?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/how-well-do-you-know-your-partner-can-you-answer-these-questions/
- How Do You Know If You Like Someone Or It’s Something Else?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/how-do-you-know-if-you-like-someone-or-its-something-else/
- How Do You Know When It’s Time To Let Go Of Your Past?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/how-do-you-know-when-its-time-to-let-go-of-your-past/
- Top Reasons To Take A How Well Do You Know Your Spouse Quiz: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/marriage/top-reasons-to-take-a-how-well-do-you-know-your-spouse-quiz/
- How Do You Know If You Love Somebody?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/love/how-do-you-know-if-you-love-somebody/
- How Do You Know If You Need A Career Shift? Is Your Job Impacting Your Mental Health?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/careers/how-do-you-know-if-you-need-a-career-shift-is-your-job-impacting-your-mental-health/
- Are You Looking For A Cute Way To Say Goodnight?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/intimacy/are-you-looking-for-a-cute-way-to-say-goodnight/
- How Well Do You Know Me?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/10-good-getting-to-know-someone-questions/
- How Well Do You Know Me?: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/what-are-some-good-questions-to-ask-people-to-get-to-know-them/
- Forget Small Talk And Use Good Get To Know You Questions: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/forget-small-talk-and-use-good-get-to-know-you-questions/
Previous ArticleAsking Yourself: Am I Still In Love?
Next ArticleAre There Signs: How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating
Learn MoreWhat Is Online Therapy? About Online Counseling
Abuse ADHD Adolescence Alzheimer's Ambition Anger Anxiety Attachment Attraction Behavior Bipolar Body Dysmorphic Disorder Body Language Bullying Careers Chat Childhood Counseling Dating Defense Mechanisms Dementia Depression Domestic Violence Eating Disorders Family Friendship General Grief Guilt Happiness How To Huntington's Disease Impulse Control Disorder Intimacy Loneliness Love Marriage Medication Memory Menopause MidLife Crisis Mindfulness Monogamy Morality Motivation Neuroticism Optimism Panic Attacks Paranoia Parenting Personality Personality Disorders Persuasion Pessimism Pheromones Phobias Pornography Procrastination Psychiatry Psychologists Psychopathy Psychosis Psychotherapy PTSD Punishment Rejection Relationships Resilience Schizophrenia Self Esteem Sleep Sociopathy Stage Fright Stereotypes Stress Success Stories Synesthesia Teamwork Teenagers Temperament Tests Therapy Time Management Trauma Visualization Willpower Wisdom Worry
How To Feel Confident In Awkward Social Situations 10 Signs That You Might Be In A Negative Relationship How To Move On From A Relationship And Start Healing The Importance Of Communication In A Relationship Is It Time To Seek Relationship Therapy? What To Do In A Relationship When You’re Not Happy How To Know When Your Romantic Relationship Is Over - And 3 Real-Life Ways To Cope