5 Love Messages That Work
By: Stephanie Kirby
Updated February 13, 2020
Medically Reviewed By: Stephanie Haywood
Letting your partner know that you love them no longer has to take a long time. You don't have to write out a long love letter and send it through the mail. Now, you can simply just send a quick text or email letting them know how you feel. Here are some love messages that are sure to work. Our goal is to see relationships flourish, so feel free to steal these ideas and use them yourself as they are. Or, get creative with them and personalize them in your own way.
1. Short And Sweet
Love messages don't need to be long to work. In fact, sometimes the little ones are all that you need. It's a quick and easy way to communicate that you love your partner even on a busy day. It only takes a moment to send, but it can communicate the world to them.
- I can't wait to see you.
- I miss you.
- I love you and just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.
- I am yours.
- Thinking about you all day.
- Can't wait to come home to you.
- You are beautiful.
- You are handsome.
- You rock my world.
- Don't use words.
- I'm so happy to be with you.
- You mean the world to me.
- I don't know where I would be without you.
- Thinking of you is what's getting me through my day.
- Thank you for being my wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend
- My life is so much better with you in it.
- I am so blessed to have you in my life.
- I love it when I catch you looking at me.
- I love being yours.
- You may not be perfect, but you are all that I want.
2. Get A Little Romantic
Romance can go a long way and don't think that women are the only ones that like to be romanced. If you want to let your significant other know how much they mean to you send them one of these romantic love messages:
- Every day with you has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what's in store for us next. The best is yet to come.
- I didn't know what love truly was until I met you. I love you.
- You were the turning point in my life when things started to get good. I would hate to see what my life would look like without you in it.
- When you look at me, my heart races and my palms get sweaty. After all these years you still do it for me.
- I didn't know who I truly was until I met you. You have shown me the person that I want to be, and I want to get better for you every day.
- Your love is the only armor I need to fight the battle of life.
- When you are by my side, I feel like I can accomplish anything.
- You make the world such a better place and light up my days. I never want to live in a world without you.
- I spent years dreaming about the perfect person and then I found you.
- Your smile is the best thing I have ever seen.
- I remember the first day that I saw you and I knew my life would never be the same.
- I wish that I was kissing you instead of sitting here missing you.
- The best feeling in the world is in your arms.
3. Get A Little Corny
You've heard of super corny pickup lines, but have you heard of corny love messages? Why not use one of these lines to put a smile on your partner's face while you tell them how much you love them.
- If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right.
- My eyes are jealous of my heart because you are always close to my heart, but not always close to my eyes.
- Eight letters, three words, one meaning, I love you.
- You're there, and I'm here. One of us is in the wrong place.
- Do you have a band-aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
- Do you know what thing is my favorite in the whole world? The second word of this message.
- I've missed you for the last 24 hours / 1440 minutes / 86,400 seconds.
- My love for you is like diarrhea; I just can't keep it in.
- Wouldn't we look cute on a wedding cake together?
- Calling me cute is nice, calling me hot is great, but calling me yours is all I want.
4. Get A Little Personal
If you have some time as you craft your message, take the time to get personal. There aren't specific examples here for you to use because you will have to craft these messages on your own. These ideas will get you started, but the details will need to come from your mind and heart.
- Share in detail about the moment when you knew that you were in love. Get vulnerable and let your partner know exactly what it was that they did that won you over. The more you share, the more special it will be for them.
- Share the long list of things that you love about your partner. Don't worry about trying to put these in any type of order. Just say something along the lines of "There are so many reasons that I love you, but here are some of my favorites:" and then have at it. You can never share too much about what you love about another person.
- Share a dream that you would love to accomplish with your partner. It could be something big like traveling the world or something small like having a picnic in the park on Saturday. The important thing is that you are communicating something personal that you want to accomplish with the other person.
5. Share Your Messages On Social Media
Why share your love messages with just your significant other when you can share them with everyone? Well, some personal messages you may want to keep between the two of you, but the rest can be shared with the world. It speaks love on a different level to your partner when they see that you build them up in front of others. These messages don't need to be super mushy or romantic but make sure to include lots of compliments and what makes the other person your favorite person.
Types Of Love Messages To Use
There are many ways that you can share your feelings with your partner. The fastest way is to tell them face-to-face simply, but this can also be difficult because it will feel like a major risk. However, it also adds something special when you can look into their eyes as you share. If you aren't in person, there are still multiple options. You could write a love letter and mail it to them. There is something nice about receiving mail that is not a bill or junk mail. You can also send an email or a text message. If you don't have time for a long note but want to leave a physical message of love you can put a few words on a sticky note and place them around their house or car.
Why It Can Be Hard To Share Love Messages
Learning to be vulnerable can be difficult especially if you have had painful relationships in the past. But, communicating your love for your significant other is important in building a healthy relationship. People are not mind readers, and if you don't tell them how you feel and remind them of it on a regular basis, they won't know what you are thinking. If you want to strengthen your relationship, it's important for you to learn how to share your feelings, even if it's in a corny way.
If love messages are difficult for you to share to the point that you avoid doing it, then it may be time to meet with a counselor.BetterHelp has licensed therapists that want to help you build the strongest relationship possible. They can help you find the underlying issues that keep you from fully committing and taking the step of opening yourself up to the other person.
Love messages might not seem important to you, but they may be very important to the other person. It's important to not take the other person for granted and to let them know how much they mean to you. No person is ever going to grow tired of hearing that there is someone that loves them, appreciates them, and cherishes them. Make sure you alternate the message that you are focusing on, so you aren't just repeating the same thing over and over again. This will cause the message not to be special and lose some of it's meaning because it will sound like something that you are just saying to say. The more personal the message is, the more it will mean to the person that is receiving it.
Previous Article36 Questions To Fall in Love: Does It Work?
Next ArticleI Love My Fiance, But...
Learn MoreWhat Is Online Therapy? About Online Counseling
Abuse ADHD Adolescence Alzheimer's Ambition Anger Anxiety Attachment Attraction Behavior Bipolar Body Dysmorphic Disorder Body Language Bullying Careers Chat Childhood Counseling Current Events Dating Defense Mechanisms Dementia Depression Domestic Violence Eating Disorders Family Friendship General Grief Guilt Happiness How To Huntington's Disease Impulse Control Disorder Inclusive Mental Health Intimacy Loneliness Love Marriage Medication Memory Menopause MidLife Crisis Mindfulness Monogamy Morality Motivation Neuroticism Optimism Panic Attacks Paranoia Parenting Personality Personality Disorders Persuasion Pessimism Pheromones Phobias Pornography Procrastination Psychiatry Psychologists Psychopathy Psychosis Psychotherapy PTSD Punishment Rejection Relationships and Relations Resilience Schizophrenia Self Esteem Sleep Sociopathy Stage Fright Stereotypes Stress Success Stories Synesthesia Teamwork Teenagers Temperament Tests Therapy Time Management Trauma Visualization Willpower Wisdom Worry
Are You In A Relationship With A Narcissist? Here Are 6 Narcissistic Love Patterns To Watch Out For How To Know When It's Time To Walk Away From Love What Is The Love Hand Sign? Expressing Love In Different Ways And Languages Is He Truly In Love? Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend To Find Out I Love Your Soul: The Power Of Intimate Connections I Love Love - Is It Codependency? What To Do When You're Addicted To Love