What Are Some Good Questions To Ask A Guy You Just Met?
When meeting someone for the first time, you may not know what to say. This happens to many people at one time or another. It is difficult to know what to say that is appropriate so you do not make a fool of yourself. However, if you know that you are going to be meeting this guy, plan it out before you meet him so you have a plan. Of course, you do not want to write a list and read it off to him if you are meeting in person. That would be fine if you are meeting online or talking on the phone, but in person, it may seem weird if you are reading from a script.
Start by Writing Them Down
The best thing to do is prepare. Think of some good questions that you would like to know the answers to and write them down. Write as many as you can think of. You can choose the best ones when you are done. After all, you do not want to try to memorize 50 questions to ask him. Also, you do not want to bombard him with questions either. However, you do want to be prepared for the conversation so you are not just sitting there with nothing to say.
Top 10 Questions to Ask a Guy You Just Met
Here are some of the top 10 questions and why they are good to ask:
- What makes you smile? Asking him this question will let him know that you want to know what makes him happy.
- What is your favorite movie? This will help you find out if you and he have similar interests. For example, if you both like horror movies you already have something in common.
- What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Similar to the question about movies, this question can also lead to fun memories about his childhood.
- What are your best (or worst) hidden talents? Let him talk himself up (or down) or make you laugh.
- What is your favorite car? Let's face it, all guys like to talk about cars.
- What is your favorite sport? Just like the car question, guys like to talk about sports.
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done? This will help let you know what his boundaries are and what he is willing to do.
- What was the most frightening moment of your life? It is good to know what scares a guy.
- Who is your biggest hero? The answer will show you who he aspires to be. If he says it is his father, then you know he has a good relationship with his dad.
- What would you do if you had a million dollars? Knowing what he would do with a bunch of money can help you figure out if he is greedy or kind.
Do You Have Social Anxiety?
No matter what questions you decide to ask him, be prepared to answer your own questions as well. Be honest, do not pretend to be someone you are not or your relationship will never work. If you have trouble talking to people for the first time, you may be suffering from social anxiety. There are mental health professionals to talk to if you feel like you need to talk about it. You do not have to make an appointment or go to anyone's office. You can just go to BetterHelp.com and talk to someone right now.