If you're looking for a review of affordable online therapy, you may be facing challenges in your life that you’re looking for support with, whether they be related to mental health conditions, professional aspirations, human relationships, or something else entirely. Regardless of whether you've been diagnosed with a mental illness, a therapist may be able to help empower you to live the life you want. Below, we will briefly review the mental health service 7 Cups of Tea and the resources it offers to help you decide whether this option for receiving support is right for you.
7 Cups Online Therapy is an online emotional support service that allows users and guests to connect with volunteer listeners who are trained to help individuals with challenges in their life they may be experiencing. Whether you need advice, mental health support, or a safe space to vent your concerns, the 7 Cups of Tea team can be there for you.
7 Cups Of Tea—What Is It?
The platform offers various features like listener community rooms, private chat rooms, and the option to switch therapists if needed. This online emotional support platform aims to help you find solutions and feel less alone in your experiences, all through a free, safe line of support. Through the listener support room or a listener community room, an individual can remain anonymous and get support for concerns related to mental health and life challenges.
In addition to posting in a private chat room, there are online group chat rooms that allow teens on the site to speak with active listeners from the community to find peer support. Individuals have the opportunity to chat with many listeners about different mental health topics through different group chats and discussion boards.
The trained listeners at 7 Cups of Tea are taught active listening skills and provide resources that may help users find long-term supportive solutions, such as a therapist or medication management options. Users can learn about their options and get referrals for online therapy via live chat in community chat rooms.
The 7 Cups of Tea platform also offers a premium subscription service for direct access to actual therapy from a licensed therapist or professional in the mental health field. Online therapy services can be purchased as a monthly or lifetime membership.
- 7 Cups of Tea can be a convenient way to receive support online and nurture your mental health and emotional well-being from the comfort of your own home or wherever you are in the world.
- The unlimited therapy option may be beneficial for those in need of regular support.
- The listeners are rated, which means you can check out other users’ ratings regarding how they listen, how helpful they are, the amount of empathy they have, their response time, and their professionalism. This may be a good way to help you find the right person for you and read positive reviews about their experiences.
- 7 Cups of Tea provides a wellness assessment, which may help you learn more about yourself and the mental health issues you’re having.
- The platform offers addiction recovery support and resources for users looking to manage stress.
- It has a strong online community with medical reviewers and support systems in place, which ensures that the content provided is accurate and helpful.
- Anyone over the age of 13 can connect with listeners.
- The cost of this service may be cheaper than the cost of traditional therapy.
- While the listeners are trained and tested, they are not necessarily licensed, professional therapists. Therefore, the platform may not be suitable for those experiencing more severe mental health conditions or those considering self-harm.
- While the service does offer free features, additional support through online therapy costs $40 a week.
- Listeners cannot provide crisis support.
- Health insurance is not accepted.
- There is no direct therapy offered by the platform. Instead, they connect you with a therapist.
- The quality of support you get in each session may vary depending on the listener.
- Text-based therapy may not happen in real time. Therefore, you may not receive support when you actually need it. Some users reported waiting hours between responses from their therapist.
- The paid therapy option is only available for those 18 years or older.
If you or someone you know is experiencing mental health concerns, it may be time to seek help from a licensed mental health professional. Online therapy with BetterHelp can be an invaluable tool for any mental health concerns you may be facing. Online therapy companies can allow you to connect with a professional at a time and place that makes sense for your schedule, and it tends to be more affordable than in-person therapy without insurance.
Aside from being convenient, online therapy is also effective; it is believed to be a suitable treatment option for various mental health concerns, including symptoms of mental illnesses. Talk therapy can be delivered online by a licensed therapist. One study found that online cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can effectively treat symptoms of anxiety and depression.
7 Cups of Tea seems to be a great option for receiving support and connecting with someone who can listen, but its efficacy as a standalone treatment option is less clear. It may be best used as an opportunity to connect with its trained volunteers. Regardless of how you use services like 7 Cups of Tea, it can be beneficial to connect with a mental health professional through an online therapy service, especially if you’re living with the symptoms of a mental health condition. If you would like to try online therapy to complement your use of such platforms, take the first step and reach out to BetterHelp today.
Frequently Asked Questions
For examples of questions that might be beneficial to explore in therapy, please see below.
Does 7 Cups cost money?
How do I remove my 7 Cups account?
Who founded 7 cups?
What do 7 Cups do?
What are the cons of 7 Cups?
Is 7 Cups confidential?
Is 7 Cups worth it?
Is 7 Cups a safe app?
Can you get paid on 7 Cups?
What sites are similar to 7 Cups?
- Previous Article
- Next Article