For many people who are experiencing relationship challenges, a licensed therapist can help them find answers to their problems and move forward together. Regain online therapy can help you and your partner get a licensed therapist on a schedule that works for you. You may chat with your therapist about your relationship troubles on Regain couples counseling from your selected location using your iPad, laptop, or mobile phone.
While therapy is different for everyone, online therapy for couples counseling can be promising. A recent study interviewed 15 couples who received online therapy using videoconferencing. The authors found that the couples experienced a positive shift in their relationship. While some were concerned about a screen creating “distance,” many said that participating in therapy digitally allowed them to be more immersed and in control of the process while still connecting with the therapist.
What Is Regain?
Regain is an online therapy service that provides online couples counseling. It supports couples via both individual counseling and couples counseling. When a couple is facing relationship challenges, they may need a therapist who is knowledgeable about relationship dynamics. Regain is designed to help couples, both individually or together, explore their problems and get the help they need to move forward.
Signing up to attend relationship counseling sessions is a simple process. The Regain website is designed to match you with a therapist who specializes in your area of concern. This may include family therapists, clinical social workers, marriage counselors, and others. Regain’s therapists are licensed to provide online couples counseling, including marriage counseling and other forms of relationship counseling.
Before you begin online relationship counseling, you'll answer a series of questions about your concerns, your counselor preferences, and more. Answering the online couples counseling pre-questionnaire can help ensure that you are matched with someone who can address your concerns. If needed, you can always change therapists until you find a good match.
How Does Regain Online Couples Counseling Work?
The Regain platform uses video and phone sessions as well as in-app messaging for your online couples counseling sessions. How you choose to message your therapist and attend your online counseling session is a matter of choice for you and your partner. The number of sessions you have is usually negotiated between you and your therapist based on your specific needs and circumstances.
All therapists that work with Regain are licensed, with a master’s or doctoral degree. For those who are looking for one-on-one online therapy services from professional counselors, including licensed marriage and family therapists and licensed clinical social workers, you can check out BetterHelp for individual therapy mental health services.
One further note: If you are experiencing physical or mental abuse from your partner, you can call the National Domestic Abuse Hotline. They have volunteers on the line 24-7 to help you find resources that can help.
What Is The Price Of Regain?
Online marriage counseling is often not covered by insurance, and many practitioners may not accept insurance from your provider. However, the good news is that online therapy tends to be less expensive than traditional in-office couples counseling. Regain online relationship counseling sessions average around $260 per month or $65 per week.
Having the option to pay weekly or monthly may help you to prepare in advance for financing your relationship counseling sessions. Rates for services in-person couples counseling are subject to change based on your geographic location. With Regain, you can know up-front how much you can expect to pay.
Who Can Join?
Regain online therapy covers both the individual and the couple. If you and your partner have decided to see a counselor, you can visit the website and create an account together. If seeing a counselor is your idea but you don’t know how to broach the subject with your partner, you can visit the website and send them an invitation to visit the Regain site. You may also suggest that they check out the Regain counseling reviews to get an idea of how therapists have helped other couples.
The sign up process is easy. Once you've completed your individual registration for Regain counseling services online, your partner will have the opportunity to complete their registration using the link you sent to their email address. Within a few days, you can be meeting with a professional therapist, matched to your needs. Some people have found that they prefer starting therapy services individually and gradually introducing their partner as a segue to getting relationship counseling.
Mental health care providers who provide marriage counseling services aim not to side with one person or the other and try to be as objective as possible. Quite often, relationship problems are due to problems on both sides or have a solution that is diplomatic. It can help for the therapist to sit down with both partners and listen to what they have to say and form a solution based on the information they gather.
These counseling sessions now allow for three-way calling. You and your partner can join the video sessions or phone sessions with your licensed professional therapists from two different places, which can be helpful for long-distance couples or couples who might not be in the same location. Many couples who participate in Regain counseling services simply have different schedules, and find it easier to work together online rather than attend in-person sessions.
Reasons That Couples Seek Counseling
People seek couples counseling for a diverse array of reasons, and a couple doesn’t have to have serious problems to seek relationship therapy. Below are some common reasons that couples seek online counseling through an online relationship counseling platform like Regain:
- Communication challenges. If you and your partner have communication challenges, Regain’s licensed therapists may help you identify when miscommunication happens and help you develop better communication skills so you can prevent it in the future.
- Financial issues. Financial concerns are another common cause of conflict in relationships. Therapists at Regain are used to helping couples address conflict stemming from financial concerns and can help you and your partner tailor a solution that suits your needs.
- Loss of passion. Sometimes, a great couple can lose the spark they had at the beginning of the relationship, but this doesn’t have to be permanent. By talking to an online therapist, you and your partner may discover a renewed sense of passion and greater intimacy in your relationship.
- Explosive arguments. A licensed therapist can help couples identify triggers and teach them ways to prevent an argument from spiraling out of control.
- Infidelity issues. Therapists at Regain are accustomed to helping couples with all kinds of relationship distress, including infidelity. While infidelity can present serious challenges, it doesn’t always mean a relationship is over. By talking to accredited psychologists who have evidence-based strategies for relationship counseling, couples may find ways to overcome infidelity and move forward in their relationship.
- Parenting issues. If you have kids, disagreements on how to parent them may arise from time to time, creating relationship issues. With the help of professional therapists, you may find it easier to agree on the best ways to raise your children together.
- Relationship maintenance. Sometimes, online therapy is beneficial for a tune-up of an already good marriage. This can help prevent problems and promote problem-solving skills should conflict arise.
To find out more about what people think about this type of therapy, you can read Regain reviews online, as well.
With online therapy, you can meet with your counselor in any comfortable, safe space where you have an internet connection. Also, online therapy is often less expensive than traditional therapy. Read on for a review by those who have used the Regain therapy platform:
“MaryBeth is great to work with. She encourages both of us to really listen to each other and explore the reasons behind our feelings and actions. She has helped us develop the tools to communicate more efficiently. She is very approachable and personable and definitely seems to really listen to what we're saying and feeling. MaryBeth was able to recognize our personalities and adapt techniques to fit our relationship dynamic. We highly recommend working with her.”
Can you three way call on ReGain?
Can I get a refund from ReGain?
Is ReGain legit?
How much does ReGain cost?
How many sessions a week with ReGain?
What does ReGain do?
Is ReGain couples therapy worth it?
Is once a week therapy enough?
Is it OK to go to therapy twice a week?
Can I cancel ReGain?
How long is too long in therapy?
How long should therapy last?
Why is therapy so expensive?
Is the Regain app free?
- Previous Article
- Next Article